Mr. Protective - OS

Disclaimer : The plot is absolutely based on my imagination and has nothing to do with the personal lives of Ashwin and Sivaangi.

Ashwin - Arjun
Sivaangi - Suba

***

Handling social media is probably one of the toughest things for any celebrity. You always ought to double-check on what you express. A single word used in your caption/story which you find trivial might seem to be offensive to the world. As much as social media can flatter a person and boost up a person's mood, it has its own cons. A single story / post in IG can sometimes turn one's mood topsy-turvy. Coming across a single shady tweet can surpass the effect of having a delight filled day and make a person overthink about their actions regardless of whether or not the mistake is on their side.

Scrolling through social media has equal chances of either lightening up or dampening your mood. While the former aids in bringing tranquility to your mind, the latter drives you more restless especially after a long-tiring day at shoot. 

The best word to describe how Suba felt at that moment was not found in any dictionary of English. Her face reflected a mixture of shock, annoyance, fear, terror and scorn upon seeing the story posted by an upcoming actor.

It was an edited video made by a fan page which shipped her with her co contestant Vishal in the reality singing competition she participated 2 years back. What made it more intriguing was the caption which relates them to the plot of his romantic-fantasy movie that contradicts their pure bond of friendship.

Her frozen state of mind was broken by the ringing of her mobile phone alerting her of the call from Vishal. She quickly swiped the phone screen and placed it on her ear muttering a low hello.

"Suba.. Epdi solradhu nu theriyala.. Adi Selvam oda.. ", she immediately responded, "Naa pathuten Vishal"

"Enakkennavo venum nu pannirukanga nu thonudhu. SIIMA la nominate aayiruku antha movie niraya categories la. Unga rendu per pathi almost media la ellarukume therinjirukum. Apdi irundhum yen ipdi pannranga?"

She humorlessly chuckled, "Namma field pathi nammale solla koodathu. Irundhalum solren. It's a filthy industry. Velila pakkradhuku it looks all glittery. Ulla mukkal vaasi sh*t than. Nasty..."

"Hey hey.. Tension aagadha di.. Ethavadhu pannlam. Naa avaruku DM pannlama nu yosikren. Enna solra?"

"No Vishal. That won't work. Innum naa itha pathi Arjun ku sollala. Avarkitta sollita Avar ellam pathupar. Don't worry"

"Aama. Atha first pannu. He will take care of everything. Don't overthink about anything. And particularly, don't check your hashtag in Twitter. Calm aa rest edu. I know you'll be extremely tired"

It's one of the most natural instincts of a human mind to possess an uncontrollable urge to carry out something which is purposefully prohibited by the brain for one's well-being. Suba's mind wasn't an exception to it.

She went through 'their' hashtag in Twitter hoping that the story wouldn't be known to any, but a single sight at the tweets was enough to sabotage her hope. Fans' reactions were wild and helpless similar to the condition of a herd of sheep untamed by a shepherd.

An IG - DM notification from a famous meme page of 'their' fandom caught her attention. She quickly opened it to read through the msg and responded by instructing to remain calm and composed and not create any ruckus by replying to his story or pinging up the actor's IG account. 

She deeply breathed in and out twice  before dialling Arjun's personal number.

***

10 days later