Chapter 15: Forget/The End

It's good to be back together with his friends, but Sonic still has something in mind that he has to do, or should rephrase, 'wants to do'. Tails and the girls were shocked as they review the memories of what happened to them in the past few days. But what makes it heartwarming, is that Sonic and Knuckles were getting along quite nice during their journey back home. Instead of them two arguing with each other like at some times, they see them working together as an actual team, and see their friendship grow stronger as they look out for each other. It is almost as if their bond is unbreakable, similar to Sonic and Tails. Which is quite wonderful. When everything was already seen and finished, Sonic and Knuckles removed their hands off of the platform from the machine. Tails and the others felt sorry for the two boys for what they have to go through. But they should feel happy for them you coming home safe and sound. Tails also gave them cures for their new powers. Due to what he saw, it's to dangerous for them to keep them. Even if they could be useful in some ways.

Before Tails could leave with Amy and Sticks, Sonic grabbed his shoulder and asked, "Do you have a minute?" Tails walked with Sonic in a spot where no one can hear them. Sonic scratched his head and thought about how he should ask the question in a way that Tails could understand. "Does that memory machine also take away memories from you?" "Yes, why?" Tails asked. "You see, I need to ask you a favor." Sonic began. Taiks knew exactly what he wants him to do, but he let him continue anyway. "Can you please take out the memories to where I was taken to G.A.M.E. and whenever you guys saved us?" "Why do you want me to do that?" Tails asked questioning. Sonic twidled his thumbs nervously, "I want to forget everything. I want to forget the facility, Dr. Statham, Grace, Stella, everything! I don't want to keep these memories Tails. They are gonna haunt me the rest of my life!"

Sonic is almost to where he is losing his sanity. All that he had gone through was a living nightmare. He wanted to forget. Forget everything. Get the memories out of his head. Never remember. The look on Sonic's face made Tails feel terrible. "I'll get it ready for you." When he left, Sonic sighed in relief and sorrow at the same time. "Why am I like this all of a sudden? What's wrong with me?"

Knuckles held Sonic's shoulder. He knows what he is thinking, and it gave him a decision. "I should do it too." "Why?" Sonic asked. Knuckles looked away shamefully, "Same reasons." Sonic was surprized by what Knuckles had said. Yet, there was something about it that saddened him. "Knuckles I-" "I'm done. It's when you two are." Tails said. He must have overheard what the red echidna said and decided to set him up as well. Sonic and Knuckles walked over the machine and placed one of their hands on the platform of the machine. They looked at each other with a sad look on their faces. It may be nightmare for them, but the the bright side of it is that it got their friendship a lot more closer. They became like the best friends they could ever be. But all of that will he gone once Tails activates it.

The memories began to show on the screen and started to erase. Sonic and Knuckles began having headaches before passing out on the floor. Tails tried to shake them awake and see if it worked. "Come on guys." Tails said. Sonic fluttered his eyes open and looked around. "Wha-What happened? What's going on?" Knuckles woked up groaning and rubbing his head. "If Sticks is giving us one of her 'government agent mind control headbutts', remind me not to ask her for one." "I told you not to get one." Sonic facepalmed himself. "Well, if you hadn't told me that a 'mind controlling parasite' got into my head yesterday, I wouldn't have gotten one!" Knuckles said angrily. Tails stared at them both. "Did it worked?" He thought.

"I can't remember what happened a few minutes ago. Do you Knux?" Sonic asked with a confused looked on his face. "No me either." Knuckles said. It worked. He should be happy that it did, but instead, he felt sad for what he had done. He shouldn't have done it. The looks on their faces showed him that they don't want to end thier brotherly like relationship like that. It's just heartbreaking. Sonic looked at Tails' gloomy face and asked, "Hey, what's the matter?" Tails broke out of his gaze and said "Nothing! Everything is fine. You should probably go home now. It's getting late." Sonic shrugged and exited the door with Knuckles behind him. Tails slumped himself on the couch and sighed. "They would have gotten along together nicely if I haven't pressed that button."