Ditching the party

Skylar's P.O.V

It was harder than I expected. All the moving to the new apartment had me physically and mentally drained. Yesterday after I got home from my walk or rather having ice cream with a stranger.  I managed to accomodate a few furnitures inside my bedroom.

Ashley helped me with Harper's things. In all honesty, I tried really hard to pack them myself, but failed.
The day I started packing, Ash placed  all of Harper's things on different boxes. I know holding on to her things is like a reminder of her, but like I said before I could never get rid of her things. Instead I packed the boxes inside a closet in the guest room.

Knock knock...

I wasn't expecting anybody so I jumped as it woke me up from my non rem sleep. Lazily making my way to the door I tripped with a box and almost fell. That made me instantly realize that there was still a lot of unpacking needed.

"Hey my love, goodmorning. Did you sleep at all last night?" Ashley handed me a Caffè Mocha.
"No I did not, I think I watched all seasons of grey's anatomy again"

"You need to sleep well you know that. When are your parents coming btw?"
She asked me as she sat down on a chair near the counter. 

"Well they'll be here tomorrow morning. I still have a lot to unpack" I told her while rolling my eyes.

"That you do, but don't worry that's why I'm here"

"What would I do without you!. I'm thinking I should probably start taking out the kitchen utensils and set them up,then deal with  the bathroom. Last night I packed most of my stuff in my bedroom"

"Well then here, I bought grilled cheese  sandwiches too because you need to eat more! You've gotten so thin!" Ash glared at me.

"It's just the workouts" I shrugged off  her comment, then slowly started to eat the sandwich.
"You know on my way here I was thinking about that time at Oston's I got drunk as hell and Trish had to take me home haha" Ash said.

"Idiot! Haha typical Ash" I told her while I nodded at the memory.
Ashley laughed at her own  embarrassment.

_________________________________________

Flashback
Never did I feel so jelous over a woman like the night I saw her dancing with her boyfriend. The desire of feeling her lips on mine was driving me insane. All I could think about while djying that night were different scenarios to get her attention.

We locked eyes, and yet again my heart started to beat faster. As much as I wanted to blame the booze I was quaffing, I knew she caused that effect on a sober me too.

The high was taking control of me,I changed the song to a remix of 'I follow Rivers'. There was no way of hiding the fact that we were both making quick glances at each other.

My rage was growing more and more as her boyfriend was grinding on her. She was very much annoyed too I could tell that the more he drank the more violent he seemeed. Harper was pushing him away lightly, then there seemed to be an argument and she raced to the back door.

Some of Michael's buddies held him and started encouraging him to dance I think. In that moment I knew she needed someone and I wanted it to be me so badly. There were a few minutes left for the hour of djying to end but Harper was worth leaving everything for. 

As I placed down the bottle in my hand to leave the platform, a drunk Oston blocked my way. I was startled as she embraced me in a tight hug.

"Oston I have to go" I was pushing her lightly.
"Don't go!!" She slurred out before attempting to kiss me, good thing my reflexes almost never fail. I turned my face so she planted a kiss on my cheek.