6

Violet's pov

(this chapter is just about what Gilbert teaches Violet)

Since that day, the Major has been helping me with reading, writing and talking. When I was first learn I would get annoyed but wouldn't show it. And when I got it wrong instead of hitting me, he would show me how to do it correctly. This is not what I'm use too. The other day he gave me a small book to try and read by myself and the book was called Romeo and Juliet.

 To me the book was boring and odd. And it was a really hard book to read due to the writing format. And why would they die just to be together? What was with that. 

I handed the book about to the Major and I said "I have finished the book you gave me" from the look on his face I could tell that he was surprised. 

"Good job! Next time I'm going to teach you how to read" Major told me and I just nodded. 

a few days later (brought to my laziness) 

I handed my report in for the day. It was about what has happened today. "I'm finished my report Major" I explained to him and them he started to read it.

"Well done. This is very well written" Major answered with. I was glade that he liked it. 

He than handed me another piece of paper and he started to help me with some other words that are harder than the ones I have already been learning. 

"Hey Violet, I promise you that I will continue to protect you, as well as to stay with you. Until the very end" the Major told me. And something inside of me was beating like a drum.

"Promise" and once I said that he took my hand and made a pinky promise. 

"Promise" he finished with. And I will remember that promise forever, until the day I die.

 And I will remember that promise forever, until the day I die

(This is the alphabet they use)