Day 2

August 24, 2021

Good news! More people showed up today and I actually remembered to bring my clothes!
Bad news! I had to do the PACER test today!

Physical Education is my 2nd class of the day, and not only did we have to get our PE uniforms, but we also had to run the PACER test. For those of you who don't know what the PACER test is, here ya go:

"The Fitnessgram PACER Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter PACER test will begin in 30 seconds, line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal (BEEP). A single lap should be completed after you hear this sound (DING). Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to completed a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark... get ready... START!"

This test absolutely drains any and all energy within a human being. For the rest of the day, I was fucking drained. I nearly fell asleep in advisory, science, and English. All in all, I was just tired.

So the last thing I needed was to run 1 1/2 miles. I was already drained, I don't even know how to run a mile correctly because this is my first time doing Cross Country, and it was hot. But at least I remembered to bring my uniform. And some Powerade. Y'all should try the grape flavor, it tastes like melted Jolly Ranchers. It is good.

And yeah, one more person showed up. So now we got 3 masters on the team.

For warmups, we just did the same thing we did yesterday. After that, remember from Indian Runs from my Track and Field book? Yeah, well, we had to run around that entire area 2 times. The area we ran is about half a mile. And 1/2 plus 1/2 is 1 whole, so we ran one whole mile.

And then after that, there was this absolutely legendary Cross Country dude who went ahead and did that 2 more times. The kid is awesome. 

That is pretty much all we did today, let's hope tomorrow goes better!