xii. surprise

a/n : happy birthday skandar! can't believe you are 30 today. you're the best edmund pevensie ever, my childhood wouldn't be complete without you. thank you for everything and hope you have an amazing birthday <3

It was another year to celebrate the day he was born. You were beyond excited to start the day. So you've been preparing everything for the last few months, it's been hectic especially since you need to stay by his side so he won't suspect anything. Luckily, you have Lucy and Susan to help prepare it. And you really hope he would like it because you've been preparing this for a whole year.

Putting a big smile on your face, you headed to your love's chamber. Knocking twice on the door you hold a deep breath. And as soon as Edmund opened the door, you ran into his arm as you wrapped your arms around his torso. Edmund moved a step back from the impact you've just caused, but he managed to stand properly and hug you back. "Happy birthday!" you whispered yelled. "Thank you, darling," he chuckled.

"A year older and a year wiser," you smiled. "Hope so..."

"Hey, what was that suppose to mean?" he raised an eyebrow. "Nothing," you pecked the corner of his lips with a cheeky grin. "Let's go, everyone is waiting for you."

You tucked his sleeve as you were about to walk out from the room but Edmund pulled your hand back as he spun you around. You're breathing was stopped at the sudden move and although you've been with him for years, you still couldn't help and blushed. "You're cute when you blushed, you know," he chuckled, his warm breath left goosebumps on your skin. "Shush," you whispered as you snuggled to the crook of his neck. Chuckles left his mouth as he kissed your temple. Both of you stayed there a few more minutes before he said, "I am grateful to celebrate another birthday with you."

"And so am I," you giggled. He tucked strained hair behind your ear and you blushed harder. It was only a simple gesture yet it always manages to give you butterflies. "Ed, stop it. I don't want to be a red tomato in front of your siblings," you pouted as you cover your cheeks with your hands. "But today is my birthday, don't I get to do what I want?" he smirked. "Special attention and special care yes but no, I am still the one who's in charge."

"Oh, really?!" he gave you another smirk. "We'll see about that." And in a matter of seconds, his strong arms were already wrapped around you as you were carried against his shoulder. You kicked your foot on the empty air as you yelled, "Edmund!! Put me down, right now!"

"But there's no fun in this," he chuckled and before you could even yell again, he had run through the hallways with you on his shoulder. "Edmund, for Aslan's sake, put me down right now," you whispered yelled through his ear. "Ed, please."

He finally decided to stop as he helped you stood on your feet properly. Luckily, the hallways you've walked were empty since everybody is busy preparing his birthday celebration. "Thank you," you huffed as you tidy your dress and your hair. "Don't worry, you're more than gorgeous."

"Says the man who carried me through the hallways. But oh well, I'll let you off this time since it's your birthday," you smiled. "That's what I wanted to hear!"

"Enough, enough. Let's go get breakfast."

____

"Mornin," Edmund greeted with a huge grin but nobody was there. The room was silent and empty. The table was still clothed with white silk as the chairs were tidily placed around the table. Edmund turned his head towards you with a raised eyebrow as a 'what's going on the face. You shrugged your shoulder and widened your eyes. And that sets Edmund to one conclusion, that everyone had disappeared.

Everyone...

Even when Edmund was carrying you, he didn't found anyone in the hallway and that didn't make sense. It might make sense because everybody could be preparing for his celebration but he didn't even see a single person besides you since this morning.