36

"Whatever. What do you want?" Jamie snaps, eyeing the two of them and I can tell one of his moods is setting in.

"We need to talk about your "brother". It's weird that youd never mentioned him before." Jake scoffs rolling his eyes a little.

"If you had a psycho twin like that would you really slip it into conversation?" Jamie argues, grabbing a bottle of beer off the floor and opening it in his hands with ease.

"If it endangered my- girlfriend, yeah!?" Lucas pipes up from beside me making me jump in surprise. He never gets half as mad as the other two, seems to have a little more control and maturity.

"Well I didn't fucking know he'd find me and hurt her! He had some bitch of a girlfriend back 'home'. I assumed he'd stay with her." He explains, downing a few mouthfuls of the alcohol.

"The hickie" I mutter, everyone turning to me causing me to wish I'd never talked as to avoid involvement, although my name seemed pretty involved already. "He had a hickie on his neck, I don't know maybe he brought his girlfriend with him. Could've just been some hoe but it's a thought"

"Great. And I care coz? Point is: what the fuck man you're supposed to be my mate." Jamie says, downing the rest of his bottle and grabbing another one quickly, his movement reflecting his frustration.

"Jamie please calm down and stop drinking" I say, standing up to go over to him. He ignores me, opening the second bottle and taking a swig.

"Jamie, for fuck sakes." I groan, grabbing his arm to pull it so his hand and bottle left his mouth.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do!" He yells, pulling his arm out of my grip and elbowing my chest in the process.

I stumble back a little, slightly winded, and sit on the bed to steady myself. Lucas's hand goes to my back and rubs it softly.

"You just fucking hurt her dickhead." He growls, clenching his jaw a little and glaring at Jamie. Jamie hits the door to his side angrily and turns around glaring back at him.

"Well I didn't fucking mean to did I?" Jamie grunts, walking closer till he's looking down on the two of us. "Get your hand off my girlfriend."

"You hurt her. I'm comforting her. Get over yourself." Lucas utters in return. Jamie's jaw tightens, not happy with Lucas's response. I notice him clench his right first, biting my lip a little nervous. I've seen them fight plenty but only few times with this much tension and it's not fun to watch.

"She doesn't need comforting. She's fine." Jamie tells him, grabbing his shirt and pulling him to stand up in front of the bed, his hand leaving my back.

"You don't get to decide what she needs Jamie. That's up to her and her only." Lucas says, shoving Jamie back and gesturing towards me.

Jamie looks at me, raising a brow, his Jaw still clenched, his eyes cold and unfriendly.
"So?"

"I don't need comforting Lucas.. I'm fine" I mumble, flashing Lucas a small smile, my chest still hurting slightly but it was easily bearable.