Chapter 3

Tessa

"She said to leave her alone!" I hear Hardin's voice from behind and Zed immediately let go of my hand.

"Who the fuck are you?" He looks angry at Hardin.

"I don't this you should care about it. If you were a real man, you should let her go in the first place. Let's go Tessa, I'll drop you home."

"Stop doing this, Zed. We are done. I had enough of your stupid things.

I take Hardin's hand and we go to his car, leaving Zed alone. I don't want to have any connection with this man. He is bad for me and I'm happy because I saw his real face. Hardin unlocks his car and he helps me to get it, then he gets up on the driver's seat.

"Thank you for coming in the good moment. You saved me from his hands."

"It's fine... Give me your address, so I can take you home."

"No, no. I'm ok if you let me near my building."

"I can't do this. I can't leave you alone after what happened with this man."

"Ok, fine."

I give him my address and we go through the road in silence. After 25 minutes, we arrive in the front of my building.

"So..."

"So what? If you made him to leave and you took me home, this doesn't mean that I want something from you after what you said. I don't need a relationship. I just want to focus on my last year of college. Zed was enough."

"He's your ex?"

"Yes. I loved him so much, but he cheated on me and he hurt me. Infidelity is something that I can't forgive."

"I'm sorry to heard this."

"You don't have any reason to be sorry. I'm ok now. I'm healed."

"Maybe do you want to have a coffee next week? At least we can be friends. I'm really sorry for what happened before. I didn't mean any of those words."

"It's fine. And I will think about that coffee. Thanks for taking me home."

"My pleasure. Have a good night, Tessa."

"Good night."

I left his car and I go upstairs in my apartment. I go to the bathroom and I take off my make-up, I brush my teeth and I go to change in my pajama, then I go to sleep.

A few days later...

Today is the first day of the last years of college. It will be a good year. I will have the highest grades, I will also have fun and after this, I will finally be able to move to France. Besides English, French is the second language I love and I study with so much interest. I have a feeling that it will be a good year.

I get up from my bed and I go to Molly's bedroom to wake her up.

"Molly, it's time to get up. You can't miss first day of last year of college."

"I need another minute, please."

"Ok, I'm going to take a shower."

"Ok, fine."

I go in the bathroom, I take a shower, then I get ready for first day of college. When I'm done and I go back to the lounge area, Molly is not there.

"Molly! We're gonna be late!"

"I'm coming!" She yells at me and after a few moments she comes from her room. "After college, we are going at the coffee shop, so we can meet our friends."