Chapter 38

Hardin

I fucked up very bad. I was very angry and I couldn't control myself. I run after Tessa, but I don't catch her. I quickly take a taxi and I also go to the hotel. After 35 minutes I arrive and I enter in our room where I find Tessa unconscious on the ground. Shit!

"Tess, baby..." I lift up her head and I slowly hit her cheek, trying to wake her up. She's not waking up. I take the bottle of water and I splash some water on her face and she slowly opens her eyes. Thank God! I quickly take out my phone and I call an ambulance.

"What happened?" She says with a low voice.

"I think you fainted. You're going to be fine. I'm taking you to the hospital." I lift her up and I put her on the bed. A few minutes later, I hear a knock at the door and I go to open. The paramedics are here.

Paramedic: "What happened?"

Hardin: "I came here and I found her on the ground, unconscious."

Paramedic: "For how long she was out?"

Hardin: "I don't know, maybe five minutes."

Paramedic: "Okay, let me do a routine check-up." He goes to Tessa. "Hello ma'am. Can you tell me your name?"

Tessa: "Theresa Young."

Paramedic: "Do you know where are you?"

Tessa: "In a hotel in Chicago."

Paramedic: "I will check your pulse and your blood pressure, is that okay for you, ma'am?"

Tessa: "Yeah." The doctor checks her.

Paramedic: "Her blood pressure is a little bit high. Is she pregnant?"

Hardin: "No..."

Paramedic: "Okay then. I want to take her to the hospital for more tests."

Hardin: "Good."

Paramedic: "Can you walk?"

Hardin: "I'll take her." I lift her in my arms and we walk outside to the ambulance.

Tessa: "I don't want to go!"

Hardin: "Yes, you will." The paramedic opens the door and I get in, letting Tessa on the bed.

Tessa: "You're not coming." She looks at me.

Paramedic: "Then, sir, I will ask you to get out."

Hardin: "At least, tell me where are you taking her!"

The paramedic gives me the address, then he asks me to leave the car. I call a cab and I go to the hospital find Tessa.

Tessa

As we arrive at the hospital, they take me to a room and a nurse comes to me.

"Hello! I'm nurse Nevin and I will take care of you. Firstly, I will ask you some questions. Can you tell me your name, please?"

"Theresa Young."

"Age?"

"Twenty-three."

"The paramedic told me that you fainted and you didn't feel well, do you know if you are pregnant?"

"Nope. In the last months, I was messed up with my period and I found out a few months ago, that I'm infertile. But in the same time, I also had pregnancy symptoms."

"Okay, then. We will first do some tests to see what happening with you, is that good for you?"

"Yes."