Chapter 31

Tessa

A few days later...

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"I am sure. It's just a normal meeting with my real father, nothing more."

"Promise me that you will behave well." I put my hand on his cheeks and I look into his eyes.

"I promise."

"Thank you." I kiss him. "I love you."

"And I love you. See you later, baby." He leaves.

Hardin is gone, so I'm going to clean the house a little. One hour later, I'm interrupted by a knock at the door. I go to the door and I open it. I'm surprised to see Dianne. What is she doing here?

"Hi."

"Hello. What are you doing here?"

"Hardin is home?"

"No, he is not here. Why?"

"I have something to talk with him."

"You can tell and I will be sure he knows this."

"Well, I can't tell you this. This is between me and him."

"You can tell me. Me and Hardin have no secrets."

"Ok, well... May I come in first?"

"You can tell me from outside. I don't think it's necessary to come in."

"Ok. Then, I'm pregnant."

"You're what?!" I say surprised.

"You heard me well. I'm not going to repeat myself."

"It's not possible!"

"It is. The last time when we spent time together, the end of June, we had sex and it happened."

"Why I should believe you? Maybe it's not his kid. As I know, you slept with his father."

"Take this." She hands me an ultrasound. "Give it to him, please. And tell him to call me as soon as possible." She leaves without saying more.

She's pregnant and it's Hardin's baby. How is this possible? He was always careful, he said he used protection. But what if she's pregnant with Ken's baby and he is playing a game, so we can believe that it's Hardin's? I have to talk with him. Maybe it's not true. And I'm praying to be just a joke.

Hardin

Today is a big day. I will finally meet my real father. I've met him before, but I had no idea that he is my father. But now, I'm going to know him as my father. I don't know what I'm going to tell him or what he will tell me, but it's a good start right?

As soon as I arrive at the place where I will meet him, I regret not taking Tess with me, she always knows how to calm my nerves, but now... I can't bring her here. She will know everything as soon as I go back home.

I sit at a table and even if I want to order something to drink, I opt to have just a coffee. A few moments later, I see him walking to me. Who thought that this man is my father?

"Hardin?"

"Christian."

"Long time no see..." He sits in front of me. "You are an adult now... How long it's been since I haven't seen you? Maybe ten years?"

"Maybe..."

"How are you?"

"I had better days, thanks."