-

Zenitsu POV

Tanjirou and Kanao have been getting closer lately. That bastard! Stealing all the girls! First, he tried stealing Nezuko, although in reality it was just a misunderstanding, then Aoi, even if all he did was say a few things to her, and now Kanao!

He has some nerve. Same with Inosuke, he managed to get a girl to fall for him in seconds! I sometimes can't stand that guy!

"Kanao!" Tanjirou? Why do I bump into him now of all times? Did he call for Kanao?

I can't hear well because my thoughts are being trampled by everyone training in the next room, even though people just breathing was as loud as a drum being played right next to my ear...

"T-Tanjirou! What brings you here...?" I should listen in on their conversation, seems interesting if Kanao is talking to him! I can hardly get her to say hi and he didn't even try!

"I'm going on my next mission with just Nezuko and I, think you can handle Inosuke and Zenitsu?" He chuckled a bit before Kanao answered him. Is he saying I'm hard to handle?!

"O-Of course! After all, I have Aoi to handle Inosuke... And Shinobu to handle Zenitsu." Shinobu?! She's gonna kill me for sure!

"Well, let's hope Nezuko gets back to Zenitsu soon. She seems to like Zenitsu a lot, don't you think?"

"Y-Yeah!" Nezuko?! Likes me?! I knew it! She's perfect for me, she's beautiful, her long black hair is so amazing, her voice, her eyes, her ability to shrink, everything about her is adorable! She's so polite and caring! She's so perfect! Perfect I tell you!

"Anywho, Kanao, I'm leaving them in your hands! I hope you manage!"

"I-I will!" Tanjirou... GRABBED HER HANDS, HOLDING THEM! HE'S MAKING A MOVE!

...What's that sound? Is someone playing music? Even though I moved everywhere around me, I still can't tell where it was coming from. It only got louder when I moved ahead.

Don't tell me it's coming from one of them?!

"That's great, thank you! If they get too out of hand, I promise that when I get home give them a proper scolding!"

"H-Home...?" I heard Kanao whisper that under her breath.

"T-Tanjirou..."

"Hm?"

"Please be safe on your mission. I heard that a lot of people have been going there and missing, and usually, their clothes are the only remains..." He's gonna die! Scary!

"Thank you, Kanao. I'll live for your sake. You're really amazing, you know that?" THIS IS JUST GONNA CAUSE HER TO FALL FOR HIM MORE!

"A-A-Amazing?! You mean it?!" Kanao was really loud when she said that! Even Tanjirou was surprised! But because of that, he realized that sounded a bit odd.

"Yeah! You really are." His voice turned soft, he seems like he doesn't care if it sounds weird or not...

I guess I can let him have her... BUT JUST THIS ONCE! UNTIL I MARRY NEZUKO, THIS IS THE ONLY GIRL I'M LETTING HIM HAVE!

"O-Oh... Tanjirou, you-you're amazing as well! And really... P-pretty!"

"P-Pretty?" AH! THIS IS PAINFUL! TANJIROU IS SO DENSE, AND TO THINK I'M LETTING HIM HAVE HER!

"W-Wait no! I mean cute! No- No I mean handsome! Ah! B-Bye Tanjirou...!" Uh oh, she's heading this way! I'll just go back and make it seem like I just got here. Yeah, that'll work!

...I hope.
——————
3rd POV, Aftermath:

Tanjirou gets back, and he instantly goes to change and lays down. Resting before he has to train and then go on his new mission.

... Zenitsu still doesn't have a clue on how to tell him that Kanao loves him, so he decides to let it play out.