Chapter 2

Now that Tooru has a vague idea of what is happening, he is less surprised to find himself back in Tetsurou's room.

Nothing much has changed from what he has recalled, except that more books and papers are piled on the study desk, and there are less dirty clothes scattered; most probably because of wash day. Oh, and Tetsurou's scent is still prominent.

However, during Tooru's first time here, Tooru's mind was filled with panic and confusion, then, so there were parts of the room he had failed to notice. Just like the scratch post for Tetsurou's cat near the windows, and the huge flat screen hung on the wall across Tetsurou's bed. Tetsurou doesn't seem to be a gamer due to the lack of consoles, which is good; instead, he has a shelf full of DVDs of different types and genres, and an impressive stereo. He had already figured Tetsurou's family is pretty loaded, though, based on his hazy memory of their dining area.

'He has an original copy of E.T!' Tooru nearly screams as he pulls out one CD case from a drawer, his eyes glinting in excitement. He only has a low-quality downloaded copy of it; he can't figure out why it's hard to find a CD of it in any of the record stores he had visited so far.

Making a mental note to watch the film later on Tetsurou's badass television, Tooru places it on Tetsurou's study desk, then resumes his observation.

On the closet door, a red jacket on a red shirt is hung, instead of the blue uniform he saw the last time he was here. Judging from the white number '1' printed on the front, Tetsurou must be the team captain of Nekoma High School.

Tooru has already heard of that school's volleyball team. A former powerhouse in Tokyo, and is the 'destined rival' of Karasuno. He can't help but snort at that last thought. Why does Karasuno have to be related to his possible soulmate? Just the thought of Tobio-chan already pisses him off.

Still, a part of him is satisfied to know that his 'soulmate' is also a volleyball player and a team captain. At least, he is someone worthy of Tooru's time.

After checking out Tetsurou's very own bathroom ("He has a cool bathtub!" He squeaked—and realized how deep and sexy Tetsurou's voice is), Tooru proceeds to the study desk, hoping to know more about the educational status of this body's owner. He spins the volleyball on his fingertip while browsing through the test papers he saw.

Tetsurou might be careless with his clothes, but he seems to take good care of his study materials. After all, Kuroo Tetsurou is in the college preparatory class, and is a straight A third year student while being the captain of an active volleyball team. Even though Tooru has not met Tetsurou personally yet, he already admires the guy.

However, as he looks around more, he realizes there is something missing.

A mirror.

Tetsurou has no mirror in his room! Blasphemy! How could this guy live without having a mirror? Tooru cannot even leave the house without a mirror. If he is going to be in this body for several times, then Tooru has to do something about this.

In the meantime, he will have to settle for the mirror in the bathroom. For a bathroom that is quite spacious, there is only one average-sized mirror by the sink.

After doing some research over the week, he found out not everyone has the privilege to swap bodies with their soulmate, or even know that they have one. It rarely happens, and there is a quite high percentage of unsuccessful matches. He had read stories where they ended up getting married, while there are some who revealed they had remained best friends. He chose to skip the part where some 'fated pairs' failed.

Where would Tetsurou fall in his life, then?

If he were to be honest, Tooru doesn't mind his soulmate being a guy; he knew he liked boys more before he entered high school. He just enjoys the attention he was getting from girls, but he is not interested in getting into a relationship with any of them. Most of them would probably not understand his passion for volleyball, just like his ex-girlfriend. Boys would definitely share the same interest, at least in sports.