Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this story The original story is called 'Slapped', It was written for the Austin and Ally Fandom fandom by @ThePenIsMighty. This story belongs to her and I take no credit for the story line. Names and places have been changed. No copyright infringement intended.

I actually did write chapter 1 to 5 then the rest are not mine.

#

"Oh, hey Maddy." he said from the piano bench.

Maddy shut the door behind her.

"Does my dad-"

"Know I'm here? Yeah. I don't think he likes me." He said.

"Well, no." Maddy said sharply, "I'll ask again. What are you doing here Matt?"

She had no real reason to be so irritated with him. He hadn't done anything. But he was a part of this whole situation, so tough for him.

"I need your help." he said, oblivious to her frustration.

"I am already helping you!" she snapped, stomping over to where she kept the sheet music, "And it's costing me you know."

Matt blinked.

"What do you mean? You're dating Matthew Phillips" he said as if that fact coincided with happiness.

Maddy charged at him angrily, backing him against the fridge. He looked surprised.

"No slapping." he reminded her quickly.

"You think dating you is all rainbows and kittens?" she asked him, poking him in the chest.

"Uh, yeah."

"Wrong answer." she jabbed his chest and ranted, "Dating you means being pegged as a whore or a gold digger. Dating you ruins my relationships. Dating you-"

"Maddy! Maddy!" he pushed her away, "I'm sorry, ok, calm down."

"Calm down? My father won't speak to me, I have to tell the lawyers about Johny hitting me, Maria won't stop calling-"

"Whoa!" Matt shouted, "He hit you?"

Maddy froze and felt the blood drain from her face. She hadn't meant to say that. It had slipped out. One of the secrets.

"N-no." she stammered, suddenly tired.

She went to move away from him, but he grabbed her, but let go quickly when she winced.

"He hit you?" Matt repeated.

"It's none of your business. What did you want help with?" she said, ignoring his question.

He stared at her. She wouldn't budge.

"Fine. I'll drop it." he said, "For now."

"What do you want!" she said, exasperated, still avoiding looking at him directly.

"A song."

Maddy turned to look at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You said you write songs. I need one, a good one." Matthew said.

"No" she responded.

"Play me one." he said, motioning to the piano.

Maddy shook her head.

"Don't you write your own?" she asked.

Matthew scoffed and helped himself to the fridge.

"No. I can sing, dance and play nearly every instrument, but putting together a song? I'm not good at that. Please Maddy! My usual writer is out of ideas."