Taehyung (English)

Just a reminder, this chapter will be long compared to before yorobun! Happy reading!

~

A cold wind blew across the man's face. Even though the air was piercing, his firm jaw couldn't feel it at all. If it were anyone else, they'd immediately raise their scarf and tighten their bennies to cover their skin and leave only eyes to see and nose to breathe. The temperatures in plateau is always lower than other areas during winter. Don't know what makes Taehyung so resistant to this cold air. Or maybe his skin has gone beyond the limit until it becomes numb.

It's been ten minutes after he parked his car in a place that is quite safe, where is the yard of a local shop, Taehyung slowly walking up the winding road. Actually he can drive his car on this street, but he won't be able to park the car. The uphill road is flanked on the right by high cliffs and on the left it's fenced with low iron fence, that lining the road area to the ravine. There is not enough wide roadside to park a car, only a small footpath is available for pedestrians.

Last night was snowed heavily, not surprising everything looks white now. The trees that were left with twigs in the shallows of the ravine also looked white covered by snow. Only the sound of the wind and the sound of Taehyung's shoes stepping the snow could be heard. And sometimes sound of passing vehicles. There was no other human being seen besides that handsome man in his brown suit along the road. Of course, who would want to walk in extreme weather right now.

The end of the road bend is visible, meaning that Taehyung will arrive soon. He tightened his grip on the bouquet of flowers he had bought in town. At that corner road, one year ago, there was an accident. There was no roadblock in the past, when you look to the left you will only see a deep ravine.

Last year, on the same date as today, everything seemed warmer. It was still autumn, unlike this year where winter came earlier. Brown, red, orange and yellow leaves decorate the landscape.
Taehyung and his best friend Jimin went to camp at the hillside campground. Busy work affairs make them want to relax for a while at weekend. But unlucky, the bus they were riding had an accident. The bus, which should have turned at the end of the road, lost control and plunged into the ravine. Taehyung is the only lucky person who survived. Although he had to be in a coma for a week and spent almost six months undergoing treatment in hospital. Even a month ago, he still went to the hospital for a check up. Although grateful that he is still able to live a normal life until now, he has not been able to get rid of the sadness of losing his best friend. That's why he went to this place again to commemorate one year anniversary of Jimin's death.

Taehyung tied the flower bouquet with ribbon on the iron fence. He looked ahead, into that fateful abyss.

"Jimin-ah.. how are you? Sorry, only I can go back to the town. Hey, but you can be free from the stress of work now. You can enjoy the beauty of nature whenever you want right?" The man said in his baritone voice.

"I came all the way here to bring you this flower. Yes, although it may not as beautiful as nature here. I should have brought your favorite mochi too, but I didn't get it in any store. Don't worry, next year I will come here again and I will make sure to bring that sweets." He continued

"I'm going home first, sorry I can't be long. It's night soon, I'm afraid the shop where I left my car will be closed. I won't be able to take my car if the shop owner closes their fence. Then, see you next year" Taehyung smiled and waved his hand in the air.

When Taehyung turned around, he was a little surprised knowing he wasn't alone at the end of this road. He saw a woman with blonde hair in a black white dress crouching quietly in that road. The pale skinned woman looking at the abyss in sad. At first Taehyung intended to just pass by and ignore the woman's presence. But his heart seemed to melt after watching a single tear fall and run down that pale cheek. Taehyung finally chose to wait for the woman to stand up from her position. He wanted to make sure that this woman is not someone who desperate and is about to act stupid.