Chapter 3: Catching the Feels

Normani's POV
Next Day...

The house was packed with bodies, the music could be heard throughout the entire house as Zendaya led us through the crowd.

"Want a drink?"

The music is so loud that she has to lean down so I hear her, I nod my head in reply because I did not feel screaming. Entering the kitchen I spot Dinah sitting on the counter talking to some girl that I soon recognize from one of my major classes.

I can't stop watching as Dinah locks eyes with me, a beautiful smile on her face. That same smile slowly deflates when she sees Zendaya next to me. I wave and the blonde beauty returns the gesture before looking away.

"What do you want to drink?"

"Umm, surprise me?"

I watch carefully as Zendaya fixes my drink, I didn't know what she was making but I trusted her for the most part. Once she hands me the lemonade and rum concoction I turn to look back at Dinah, but the girl was nowhere in sight.

"Come on, let's go to the back."

Zendaya leads me through the back door and outside. As soon as we step out I hear my name being called. I immediately know it's Montero and my sister, I make a bee line in their direction.

"What y'all over here doing?"

"Smoking.. want to join?"

The group makes room for us to join their circle and we take a seat. Zendaya throws her arm around my shoulders and I make eye contact with Dinah taking note of my bestie sitting in her lap.

"Hey Jilly."

"Hey Manz."

Me and Jilly both notice how Dinah's body tenses a bit, but she just waves off my concerned look so I just shrug it off. I tune into the conversation while taking the blunt that's made it around to me. I hit it a few times before handing it to Zendaya as she addresses Dinah.

"Dinah I see you with Jilly now. How long that's been going on?"

"Oh not too long, few we—"

I would have found my girlfriend's tone of voice strange if my attention wasn't fully on Dinah and my, shady as of late, bestie. The girl doesn't fully answer the question because she was cut off by me speaking.

"DJ can we talk?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"It's private.. and important."

Dinah doesn't say anything else, she removes Jillyan from her lap and gets up walking to the back door, I follow her lead as she waits for me to catch up at the back door. We head up the stairs and walk into her room, closing the door behind me. I take a seat on the bed next to Dinah getting comfortable in her King sized bed.

           ————————————————
Dinah's POV

Normani was deep in thought so I decided to wait for her to speak first. I can feel her eyes scanning over my side profile, I look over at her and she looks so mad, but I don't understand why. If anyone should be feeling some type of way it should me, I'm the only one who should be mad right now.

I admit I did start the flirting, but she's been flirting back with me since the rink yesterday and she even snuck into my bed last night. We didn't do anything more than cuddling and talking, but I still feel disrespected seeing her all boo'd up with my bestie right in my face.

"Jilly huh? Why you boo'd up with her?"

"Why you worried? You're with my best friend."

"And Jilly is my best friend. Is that why you're all under her all of a sudden? Because you're jealous of my relationship with Zen? That's real mature D."