Remember

Alex

Remember

Alex was still trying to get used to the whole half-sister thing. Sean was still her brother though, no wizard could ever change that.

Taylor was busy playing with Steve, who had stopped attacking him after she gave him wolf blood. Alex rubbed the spot on her hand that she had bitten.

“That was a good try Alex, but you’re supposed to turn into a coconut, not a peanut!” Eregon said.

“Eregon, we’ve been at this for hours! Can’t we take a break?” Alex asked.

“Fine. Tomorrow you’re turning into a coconut though.” he warned.

Alex walked back to the campsite. Her head was pounding. Who knew turning invisible gave you such a headache?

Sean had quit about an hour ago and was catching tuna fish. Alex walked over to him and shoved him off the rock.

“I’m glad your back to normal.” Sean said as he dumped the water out of his hat.

“What do you mean?” Alex asked.

“Well, since Eregon told us about you-know-what, you haven’t really been yourself.”

“I’m sorry, I just wish I could remember the truth.”

“So do I. Why don’t we ask Eregon to help us. I bet he has something up his sleeve that could return our memories.”

“That’s actually a really good idea.” Alex said.

Together, they went to find the old man.

$$$

“A remembrance potion huh? Why didn’t I think of that!” Eregon exclaimed.

He looked around in his robes until he found what he was looking for. He took out two tiny flasks and handed one to Alex and one to Sean.

“Drink these and you should remember anything that has been forgotten.”

At the same time,  Alex and Sean drank the liquids. Alex burst into a coughing fit while Sean gagged.

“Interesting. It seems that Alex’s memories were taken from her completely while Sean’s were just tampered with.” Eregon said.

When they finally stopped, Sean looked over at Alex. He gasped as he saw her eyes turn a dark red, “I remember!” she screamed.

“Alex! Your eyes!” Sean cried.

Alex ran to the waterfall, which took way less time then usual. She looked at her blood red eyes and then turned around to see Sean’s shocked expression. She ran back and punched his arm. A cracking noise made Sean scream.

“What...HAPPENED?!?!” he asked painfully.

“I thought I was just a werewolf, but that Legend wasn’t kidding.”

“What do you mean?” Eregon asked.

“I will change the world. I will make it safer for humans. I will stop the battle between the Suckers and the Dogs.”

“What? How will you do that?” Sean asked.

“Sean, I’m half vampire.” Alex said as the dark circles formed around her eyes.