Chapter 1- Mr. Gatie

"God! That was shocking. That golden gate could not be the gate to heaven. It was just too small. I could just step right over it." I was thinking to do so as there was no assurance that I would pass my test to heaven, but here, my worthless brain was preventing me. I think that it was my brain at least. It was like my brain was whispering in my ear, "You have to be the good one. Stop thinking about all this." That was when my thoughts were disturbed by that tiny gate. It spoke. It literally spoke!! "So, I see we have a customer. What is your name, dear? I hope you are capable of heaven." It was unbelievable!! "A talking gate". I could barely speak since I was so shocked. " My name is Christine Blue, sir. I appreciate your well wishes."

The gate grinned towards me and said " I see. So, you are trying to butter me up." I tried to interrupt but could not. "You know why every dead person comes to heaven first, because duh I am the best at testing people. Hell tries to copy my results but, of course it is unsuccessful. Yes, but it has not lost hope till now, after so many centuries, though it should. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha." That door was too insane. I never thought I would have to impress something like that. While the gate was rolling in laughter a boy jumped over it out of nowhere, or at least tried to. Now that was unexpected! the door increased its height in full speed. The boy was hanging over the door but, he jumped to the other side. He was in mid-air when the gate rolled and got him and threw him somewhere far. "Now, that was waste. He should go to hell according to me. So, where were we? Did I introduce myself? Hmm, no I don't think so. I am Mr. Gatie , not really a person or a thing. Why I became a gate is another story. Now, coming back to take your test Christine Blue. Answer honestly. Have you ever lied?" I answered," Of course.... I .... I have...l... lie...lied ...sir." Mr. Gatie-" Who hasn't lied? Anyways, you pass the test."

" Is that it sir? I have passed the test, just like that?" I was so shocked. How could the test to heaven be so simple and short?

"Yes, you have passed the test. Congratulations. Now you may enter." And the golden gate opened...

-----------------------------------------------------------***------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note- To read more, buy from amazon, Christine Blue(The thief of the fog by Araina Garg)