Chapter 5

Ganyu takes a deep breath as she gets ready for work she looks at herself in the mirror making sure there aren't any Qingxin flowers stuck in her hair. She straightens her clothes so can look nice so she can make a good impression on Yuheng.

Once she is satisfied she goes out of the door of her house and heads to the Qixing building, Once inside she is greeted by one of the staff.

"Good morning, Lady Ganyu I hope you are feeling better today."

Ganyu smiles at the woman and bows in respect.

"Yes thank you for your concern, I hope you have a good day."

After the greeting, she checks in and goes to her office.

Before she goes in Ganyu senses the bright purple beacon getting closer as she turns around she sees Keqing approaching her.

"Hey, you're the secretary that was assigned to help me today right?"

"Yes um, I would like to apologize for my behavior yesterday it was very inappropriate of me."

"It's fine I didn't even get introduce myself before you got pulled away."

Keqing holds her hand out while smiling.

"My name is Keqing it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Ah, My name is Ganyu it's nice to meet you."

As soon as their hands touch a shock that goes through Ganyu but it is completely suppressed the next second, Ganyu looks to her left arm, it is just because of the bracelet.

"Anyway we should get to work I need to keep up with my schedule and I need you to bring some papers up to management."

The two of them worked surprisingly well together Ganyu helping Keqing with papers and taking phone calls for the different appointments that were assigned to the new Yuheng.

At lunch, Ganyu hears a knock on her door from the purple light she could tell it was Keqing.

"You may come in."

Keqing opens the door and steps in.

"I was wondering if you would like to eat lunch together."

"Of course I would love that let me get my lunch."

She quickly grabs her homemade box and goes to her light. Ganyu pauses to think, When did she start calling Keqing hers?

"I would like to bring you my favorite eating spot if that's alright with you?"

"Yes!"

They go outside to a park bench and table that is outside of Liyue that Ganyu appreciated since she doesn't like crowded places.

They sit down beginning to eat.

"You know my second day working here has been far better than the first."

Ganyu tilts her head in question.

"Did Lady Ningguang work you too hard?"

Keqing chuckles as she finishes her lunch.

"No nothing like that I have a strict work ethic if I don't work I can't help many people."

She pauses looks directly at Ganyu with a serious expression.

"It's just that yesterday felt like something was missing I never had that feeling before. Like something was too far from my reach and I needed to go to it."

Ganyu shivers because she felt the same way when she was separated from Keqing now she has all the energy in the world since was near her bond.

Does that mean it's affecting Keqing too, something in the back of her mind was aching to know.

"...How are you feeling now?"

Keqing gets closer and even with the scent being suppressed by the bracelet felt it get stronger.

"Like the thing, I was missing is right in front of me."

Ganyu's mind short-circuited the scent borderline pushing past the barrier in her mind. Then suddenly the bracelet brought her back to reality like a wall jammed between her and the prize. All she can come up with is one word.

"O-Oh?"

Keqing noticing her demeanor smirks playfully.

"You know, Ganyu, are way more subdued than yesterday is there a reason for that?"

Ganyu felt her lightly graze her arm it would affect her even more if the bracelet wasn't working overtime.

"N-No reason..."

Keqing stares for a few seconds and then suddenly gets up.

"Well if there is nothing more to do let's get back to work."

Ganyu just stared dumbly at Keqing throwing away her own finished lunchbox

"Eh?"

Keqing smirks and looks back at Ganyu.

"Are you coming?"

Snapping out of her stupor she quickly cleans up and eases to Keqing's side.

"Ah... Yes!"

Keqing then silently takes her hand the shock is there but it's pleasant and they walk side by side back to work.