Part 2.0: Oh, Death.

''When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,  

who will have mercy on your soul 

Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death'' (Oh Death - Jen Titus) 

And suddenly, James felt hands wrap around him and the warmth of salted tears hit his shoulders. 

~~ 

It was all over in a flash, the death of this client. James could hardly remember the incident, could hardly pinpoint exact details. Something about him lashing out, grabbing the gun and shooting the man point blank in the head. 

That was when the sound had hit him, the worst sound. Admittedly, any other time, he may not have found it so bad but to hear his phone go off, to stare at the screen almost blankly, trying to comprehend the words on the screen, trying to make sense of what had happened.  

[Moran is down. SW] 

Stupid, stupid, he was stupid. Had been so stupid. And now, now he couldn't even leave. Because he hadn't been wearing gloves and he had to make perfectly sure that this room was cleaned top to bottom. Cleaned as though the employees lives depended on it, now this was true, at this moment, any employee's life was hanging in the balance because an angry Moriarty was bad enough but a confused one, a scared Moriarty, was not something to be messed with. 

No one died. Luckily. Though, that may have been to do with James' preoccupation with getting to Moran, getting to his Tiger. Though, could he go? Business had to come first and if he was already slipping up with clients who had gained just a little too much power, could he allow himself the risk of slipping up with those already in the company. He was torn; Go to Sebastian, allow those in the company to see into James' personal life, just a little or leave the Tiger and pray he was okay in order to hopefully fully preserve his safety. What was worse? What was better? Was there even a better?  

Business had to come first, surely. It always did. Before family, the family he used to have. Before friends. Before love. Before anything that could affect his ability to make rational decisions. Did that not mean, then, that business had to come before Sebastian too?  

Could he do that though? Could he leave the man like that, leave him so alone? In this time of need, as well. After everything they had done for each other after the past six, maybe seven months? Maybe it was less time.. James had forgotten, quite frankly, he could barely pinpoint the first time he had craved Sebastian, let alone the first time they had kissed. It was all such a blur in his mind. Such a perfect blur. Such a wonderful blur. Like that gorgeous hunk of a man himself. He was perfect. That was clear in James' mind at least, Sebastian was clear in James' mind. Always. All muscles topped with scars topped with that grin. That stupid, lopsided grin that he did whenever James seemed too tired to function and he'd crawl into the bed, lopsided grin all over those lips and pull him up and give the Irishman coffee and everything was just so perfect, so clear, so crystal clear in his mind was the thought of Sebastian that... 

He hadn't even noticed.

~~

((Part 2.5 will be up soon, don't worry about those feels))