Play the Game

Eric Singer's POV:

I stood in front of Gene's door. I took a deep breath. I opened the door and came in. They were sitting in a small circle on the floor. There was a bottle in the middle. Oh no, spin the bottle. I hate this game. Is it too late to run away?

"Eric!" exhaled Gene, "where were you? You're late!"

"I was with Eric. He's not coming," I replied.

"What happened?" Vinnie asked.

"Bruce. Again," I said.

"Ah shit," cursed Ace, "I swear, I'm gonna get that motherfucker and kick his big ugl-"

"Ace, calm down," said Tommy and stroked his arm, "Breathe sweetie, breathe,"

"Ok, ok," said Ace in between breathes.

"Uh, who is this Bruce guy?" asked Paul.

"Oh, you don't know, of course," replied Gene, "Bruce was Carr's boyfriend. Eric thought it was true love. And he looked so happy. They were together for a year and something, when Bruce dumped him in the worst way possible. On Valentines day, would you believe it?

Eric sang him a song he wrote for him and Bruce seemed to enjoy it, but then Eric caught him cheating in his own room with a random chick. Not like I never cheated, but those weren't such serious relationships. The most serious one I had lasted for a week."

I chuckled. And also wasn't the only one. Yeah, Gene was known all around the school for having a new girlfriend almost every day.

"We always told him Bruce was just a fuck boy, but he wouldn't listen and was saying 'he has changed'.

Poor guy. It's been almost a month. He's actually doing great now. When it happened he wasn't going out of his room. We were really afraid. The only person he spoke to was Ace. That's also why Ace stopped drinking. To be a better help for Eric, cos y'know, when drunk he just said random shit. Not like that actually changed." finished Gene.

Paul looked speechless.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"We all are," I said and finally decided to sit down next to Vinnie and Tommy.

"So, who wants to spin 1st?" asked Ace after a while of silence. Honestly, I was glad he did. It was getting really awkward.

"I can," said Gene and spun the bottle. It landed on Paul.

"Goddammit," said Paul. "So what now, are you gonna ask me a question or should I complete a dare?"

"You can pick," replied Gene.

"I'm too lazy to move, ask me the question," said Paul.

"Ok, let's see, are you a virgin?" asked Gene.

"Gene!" we all shouted.

"Sorry, I'm kidding, let's start of with an easy one. I don't know you too well yet, so how old are you?" he asked in the end.

"Forteen. I'll be fifteen in January tho. I just joined the school this year," replied Paul.

"Wow, you're the youngest one here," I repled. I was a Sophomore now, so i was fifteen.

"Heh, yeah," he said and blushed.

"Ok, ok, your turn to spin, Stanley," said Ace.

"Uh, ok," Paul spun the bottle and it landed on Tommy.

"Truth," said Tommy.

"Ok, How long have you and Ace been dating?" he asked.

"Oh, almost for two years now," replied Tommy and spun the bottle again.