Beginnings

Homura pov

I blink glancing over at the bed next to me. Chieko was still asleep thankfully. My heart ached for a moment as an old image of her flashed passed my vision. I turn away and get up heading to the mirror to take out the braids from my hair. I had no need for the braids. I got ready for my 'first' day at school. Half way through breakfast Chieko came down in her own school uniform that consisted of a black skirt and a light brown top. She held a black sweatshirt in her arms and her long black hair was flat against her back reaching to her lower back similar to my own hair.

"Good morning Homura," my sister said in a cheery tone. I give my sister a nod and she sighs.

"You're so grumpy these days what's up?" my sister asks giving me a questioning look as she goes to the cabinet where she put the left overs from dinner. I'd been through this timeline so many times I knew what she'd pull out of the cabinet. She'd be eating the onigiri that I had made a week ago. After her second bite of it should would wine about the rice not tasting good anymore. I used to comment on how she should've eaten them sooner. This time I wouldn't, most likely, this comment wouldn't change too much but you never knew what would happen.

"Nothing is wrong," I respond to Chieko. She gives me an 'hmm' sound and I go back to eating breakfast ignoring my sister. I had to get used to being away from her.

I left the house leaving my sister hurrying to gather her school things. I smile a bit on the way outside but quickly shake the smile from my face turning my attention to the goal at hand. My sister wouldn't be a problem until after the first death. I walk to school making sure to slowly close off each emotion so I was cold as stone. I couldn't be swayed by Madoka to allowing me to let her transform into a magical girl yet again.

...

"Come in Ms. Akemi, don't be shy!" my new homeroom teacher smiled warmly at me. I'm not shy. Not anymore. I walk down the row of front row students making my way to the front of the classroom. I turn to the class eyes locking quickly onto the light pink hair. Madoka. I shift my eyes over a bit and notice the blue hair that represented Sayaka. Sayaka, how will you end this time? I turn back to the rest of the class and introduce myself getting the beginning over with once again. I just needed to get rid of Kyubey the moment school gets out and then hopefully it'll buy me enough time to get to Chieko before it's too late.

I did everything as I did the time before trying to tell Madoka with even clearer words that she should just stay the way she is at the moment without telling her straight on about her possible future as a magical girl.

Once school let out I rushed around the city to find kyubey. I could sort of sense where he was but I still wasn't able to completely track him down. He should be around Sayaka and Madoka. Just as I entered through the back entrance of a music store I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I take it out and glance at the message. Chieko sent a message. I swipe to read the message.

Chieko: Didn't school get out for you a little while ago? Can we go do something fun to celebrate your first day back to school?

The message read. I shake my head even though I knew she wasn't able to see me or even hear me. I respond telling her I'd made some new friends and was planning on hanging out with them. I always had trouble with making friends so if my sister knew I had met some other students and got to know them she'd leave me alone. It worked for a few moments later after I let myself transform into my magical girl form I received another message from my sister with a ton of hearts and smiley faces saying something along the lines of have fun! You'll have to tell me all about them when you get home. I'll make dinner for the two of us!

I smile to myself hoping that I'd be home for her food, it was able very good and to miss one of my sisters meals would be pain close to losing my precious Madoka. I remember my mission and rush off to find Kyubey knowing he must be around here since I saw Madoka and Sayaka walk into the store.