Chasing Two

Homura pov

The next morning at breakfast Chieko asked me about my friends that I met yesterday. I stiffened a bit at the mention of them. I didn't know if I was able to consider Sayaka, Madoka and the Mami girl who showed up yesterday after the witch appeared to be my friends. Maybe in another timeline they had been my friends but right now they thought quite poorly of me. I take a spoonful of my cereal crewing it slowly then responding to Chieko.

"They're names are Madoka Kaname, Sayaka Miki and Mami Tomoe and yesterday we hung out at a music shop because Sayaka wanted to," I say remember that Sayaka's crush really liked music, that was most likely the reason the two girls had been there yesterday. My sister makes an loud 'Oooh' noise and gives me a big thumbs up.

"Woah, you made three friends and they don't seem to be in an emo faze like you seem to be in!" laughed my sister. I sigh and stand up waving goodbye to my sister grabbing my school bag as I leave for class.

On the way to school I figured out that Mami must have explained to Sayaka and Madoka what magical girls are. I hadn't accounted for the information of magical girls coming from Mami but I guess that was why the two girls originally transformed themselves. I made sure to listen in on the three of them conversing in the moring. I'd have to continue following them around but at the same time, I needed to be around when my sister got out of school tomorrow. I wasn't going to allow it to happen again. I just hoped I'd get to her in time. Time.

The day was pretty uneventful but I still made sure to keep a close eye on what Madoka spoke of. I didn't want to miss any information that might lead to her transformation as a magical girl. At the end of the day I texted my sister that I'd be hanging out with my new friends again. She texted back with a smiley face and also a message that said that she'd be hanging out with a few of her own friends. My grip on the phone my hand beginning to shake. I wanted to follow Madoka to make sure that none of the girls ended up dying. It was around this time that one of the girls either died or transformed. I also had Kyoko to worry about, I didn't know when she'd turn up which was a problem for Sayaka's state of mind. But on the other hand I had to get to my sister and fast.

In the end I decided to rush off to my sister school hoping that it would give me some sort of idea of where she went with her friends. Each time it's a different place.

I saw the moment I got to the school in my magical girl form that my sister was already a few blocks down the road with the friends that I've seen so many times. I follow them closely but make sure not to be spotted with anyone since I didn't want to cause issues for other people. The girls were laughing and all crowed around one of the girls phones. I bite my lip to stop it from trembling ever so slightly.

I continued to follow the girls until they reached a busy intersection. My heart began to pound harshly and I got ready to stop time. I scanned the area for the bright red car that would be approaching anytime soon.

Everything seemed to happen all at once. I saw the red car approaching all to fast. The symbol for pedestrians to walk turned on and the group of girls along with my sister began to head into the middle of the street. The red car didn't seem to be slowing down. This right here would've been the moment that I stopped time but instead something no, someone shouted to me from behind causing me to turn around and see the person I felt like seeing the least at the moment. Kyoko Sakura. She was staring at me with her sarcastic looking eyes. It was like she was always trying to pull pranks but only with her eyes. I stare at her intently already knowing what had just happened behind me. It wouldn't have changed. Nothing changed. I was stuck Chasing two girls I'd never truly be able to save.