16

The cold water prickled his skin, shivering upon the first contact but immediately got used to the numbing sensation

The cold water prickled his skin, shivering upon the first contact but immediately got used to the numbing sensation. He felt weak, A feeling he was not used to ever since he left-- rescued from the lab. He suffered from worse injury before but those never made him dropping to his knees and later let himself drop pathetically to the cold shower floor and let his faith decide for him. At this point he couldn't care less, maybe it's best if he dies. But the thought of his perpetrators, the motherfuckers still walking the earth unscathed. He couldn't die, at least not yet.

He's barely conscious, laying buckled under the cold shower before the door flung open and Jin came cursing upon making sense of the situation. He quickly took him in his arms, without minding to turn off the water in his panic haste.

Placing his naked frame on the bed and covered him in blankets, putting him onto his lap as he pressed their body close together to provide some sort of body heat.

"You're cold-" He wanted to say more, his frustration and fear made him almost want to scream and pull the sense out of the younger but decided otherwise when he heard the low murmur.

"Jin?" V says barely audible, dry and hoarse Jin could physically feel the pain in his throat. "I knew it's you."

The adrenaline along with his anger have entirely dissipated with only fear left. He was too wrapped with anxiety of the thought that he could lose his mate to whatever may be the cause but not as much at something as horrifying as death.

"It's always been you."

Jin sarcastically chuckles, it's always been him, yes. Saving him from the bad guys like a big brave hero he was, taking care of him, give him all he wanted, taught him to defend himself. Jin made V. Then why can't he just choose him? Love him perhaps? Just him, and no other alpha.

"A bit unfair, isn't it."

He was responded by silence except from steady breathing. He sighed and went to dress the younger up before tucking him to bed.

Then he took a syringe, getting an ample sample of blood from the omega's frail arm and left the room.

__

He was back to his office, sat down on a similar chair while going through his papers. It was late, 2am almost when a knock was heard and came his not-so-unexpected guest.

"Did you get it?"

"I totally am not expecting you."

"Jin, did you get it?" He says more firmly.

"Geez, calm your shit. We have all night."

RM narrowed his eyes but didn't say much as he watch the alpha take a sheet of paper, turn and placed flat on the table, RM took it in quick swift.

RM got red upon reading the first thing his eyes landed on upon series of chemical data information, making Jin roll his eyes.

"The increase in pheromones was normal given all of us are cramped here--mercy Namjoon stop fucking ogling you fucking stink." Jin dramatically sprays a neutralizing perfume just to add more emphasis earning a warning glare from an equally unamused alpha. "Anyway, the data below shows a critical upregulation of thermogenin, a protein to counter heat-loss. I thought maybe it was just a mere coincidence, it could be, given that the chemical alteration from the  abnormal amount of pheromones proliferated may also cause-"