Twenty

"Are you sure my eyeliner looks okay?" Quinn looked over her appearance in her bathroom mirror for the 100th time.

"Okay, fine," Santana sighed, "It's a little crooked." She eyed the brush Quinn was holding delicately between her fingers. "Hand it over."

She gently placed her hand on Quinn's face, touching up the wing on her left eye. She leaned in, getting a close look at what she was doing. As she was getting into a state of intense focus, Quinn planted a kiss on her lips.

"Hey," Santana protested, "It's all smudged now."

"Guess you'll have to do it again, then." Quinn smirked.

"I dunno. I could just leave it like that. Reminds me of your skank phase."

Quinn laughed as she grabbed Santana by the hand, ran into her bedroom, and pulled the brunette on top of her on the bed. "Do it here," she said between giggles. "You'll have a better angle."

Santana rolled her eyes as she adjusted herself on the bed, straddling Quinn as she went back in with the eyeliner brush. Quinn could've sworn her heartbeat stopped. The girl on top of her was absolutely stunning. Her brown eyes were focused intently on Quinn's. Her shiny black hair was dangling, a few pieces tickling Quinn's cheek. Quinn finally found the ability to breathe, inhaling the scent of vanilla and something musky.

"New perfume?" She asked once she could form coherent words.

Santana nodded, a hint of a blush painting her high cheekbones. "You like it?"

Instead of replying, Quinn reached up to pull Santana's face down for a kiss. She took in everything she could in that moment. The soft feeling of Santana's lips on hers. Her taste. The way her body reacted, moving hungrily over Quinn for a deeper connection.

Santana pulled away and sighed. "You know," she said, "If you don't stop doing that, I'll never finish your eyeliner."

Quinn gave in, relaxing into her pillow as Santana finished her makeup.

"How do I look?"

Santana sat up and shrugged. "You've looked worse."

Quinn laughed and sat up beside her. "Try again."

"Okay, fine. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen, and if I could, I would stay here in this room with you all night, kissing you until my lips fall off." She paused, amused by how quickly Quinn's cheeks had become red. "Better?"

"Much," Quinn replied, kissing Santana on the cheek. "And I'd like to kiss you all night, too, but," she stood up from the bed and adjusted her top, "we have a party to get to."

Santana joined her beside the bed. "Okay, fine, but just know that I'll be thinking about kissing you the whole time."

"Jeez. Someone's thirsty."

. . .

Puck's house wasn't the nicest location in Lima. It was small, and most of the furniture looked old and run down, but it was perfectly suitable for a party. And a party it was. Music was blasting, and drinks were flowing everywhere. The current seniors were on a high from their win at sectionals, and the energy was palpable.

An hour in, most everyone was drunk, minus Quinn, who was the designated driver for Santana and herself. She mainly kept off to the side as everyone else sang, danced, and laughed.

Suddenly, the music came to a halt, and everyone froze. "Guys guys guys," Puck yelled, slightly slurring his words. "Let's play never have I ever!"

There was a collective cheer as everyone got into a circle and Santana began pouring shots for everyone. Remembering that Quinn was staying sober, she found some pickle juice in the fridge for her to drink instead.

"I'm going first," Puck announced. "Never have I ever gone out with Sam Evans." Sam let out a hysterical laugh as nearly every girl took a shot, excluding Brittany and Tina.

The next person in the circle was Mike, who continued Puck's theme with "Never have I ever made out with Quinn Fabray." Quinn blushed and looked down as Finn, Puck, and Sam took their shots. Santana hesitated for a moment, then did the same.

"Santana?" Tina yelped, her eyes wide and mouth agape.

Fuck. That was the only thought Quinn could make out. She was not at all ready to be out yet, and she definitely didn't want everyone to find out this way. Santana was too drunk to make decisions, so Quinn couldn't be mad at her, but that didn't mean she was okay with it. She was ready to break out in tears when—

"It was in middle school," Santana said cooly. "We wanted to practice so we'd be good at kissing boys." She shrugged. "Not exactly a concern for me anymore."

Somehow, that was enough of an explanation for everyone, and they moved on. Quinn was dumbfounded by how Santana had come up with such a quick cover-up, especially whilst drunk. She had a knack for things like that. While Quinn was always considered smart at school, Santana was smart in completely different ways.

The game continued, and lots of crazy confessions occurred. Apparently, Blaine had once had sex in a bow tie, and Puck had done the deed in a porta-potty. As the circle dissolved, the music was cranked back up, and everyone began dancing. Quinn was about to return to her position in the corner of the room when Santana grabbed her hand. "Dance with me, Fabray."

Quinn looked around. Mercedes and Sam were staring into each other's eyes and dancing like they were the only two people in the room. Brittany was performing a crazy strip tease. Tina and Blaine were competing in some sort of twerk-off as Finn, Puck, Artie, and Mike died laughing. Not a soul was paying any attention to what Quinn was doing. She squeezed Santana's hand and followed her.

Music was blaring out of a large speaker in the center of the room. Quinn and Santana found themselves gravitating toward it, letting the vibrations fill their bodies. Seeing how effortlessly Santana was letting go and dancing freely, Quinn started to wish she'd had a few drinks. She tried to look like she was having fun, but she couldn't help glancing over her shoulder, making sure nobody was watching her.

"Hey," Santana said, noticing Quinn's discomfort. "Who cares about them? Just look at me. It's just you and me."

Damn, was she magic. The tightness in Quinn's chest dissolved. It was just her and Santana. Santana and her. That was all she'd ever need.