The Kissing Game

"Oh come on, Niall, you're no fun!" Alice whines at me, pulling her horrible pleading eyes, while the others - two to be exact - are siding with her. Against me.

"Yea, man up, dude. Just a kiss, not like you'll get AIDS or something" Zayn shrugs his shoulders. "Besides, if there's a boyfriend, we've got your back"

"So much for being my bro, bro" I roll my eyes and take the red scarf -Honestly, who wears scarf in July? But my friend Alice just happens to have unchangeable sense of fashion.

"Here, let me do it" Carrie softly says and rushes to me from the other side of the round coffee table, helping me tie the scarf neatly to cover my eyes. She has always been so tender with me, and all my friends say she likes me, but I try not to let that bother me. Because I surely don't return her feeling, and turning a blind eye is my only way out of it.

Carrie finishes on the ties, and helps me stand up. I'm blind now, and suddenly my inner Oracle whispers: This leads to no good.

"Now walk two steps from where you're standing. Then turn right. You're just in front of the door now. Wait there blondie" Alice instructs me, her voice clear and ringing.

This is one stupid dare I took from those moron friends of mine: I must stand, blind-sided, and wait to grab any girl step through the café's door and kiss her.

And here I am, standing.

A minute or two might have passed, and I start to feel relieved in hope that they will get bored and let me be. But just to my luck, the door bell rings as the front door flicks open, a breeze of summer wind rushes in, signaling the entrance of my to-be victim.

"Niall, go" Alice whispers to me in her loudest whisper-voice, and I sigh inwardly. There's no way out now.

I reach out and immediately touch a soft, smooth curl, which feels like feather from Heaven. With no hesitation, and even with a newly powered motivation, my head leans forward, and magically, our lips touch.

The moment her lips collide against mine, I literally feel uplifted from the ground. There's something so eerie about the kiss, so estranged from all the kisses I have had, and yet it's so magical, like a spell of the sparkling fairies. And naturally, I try to deepen the kiss, vying for more of her sweetness. To my utmost surprise, she lets me in. It feels even more marvelous. She tastes like cinnamon, mixed with fresh mint and something like red wine, all just making me want more and more and more. I am so carried away in the kiss now that I couldn't decipher Carrie's urgent gasps behind me, warning me of something.

And then, an explosion takes place in my head when our tongues meet. We are almost swallowed into each other, and I could feel her passionate reply to me. It makes all the blood in my body rushing, and my hand instinctively reaches for her face and touches the stubbles on a hard, defined jaw-line. The stubbles.

And I'm awake from the bewitched kiss.

And apparently so is she, because the next thing I know, I'm pushed to the ground with such an abnormal force, my back hitting the chairs in the café.

"This... I..." I hear a boyish voice, a mellifluous voice that I want to drown myself in, scatters in words, with such fear audible in his corrupted breathing.

I take down my red scarf.

The first thing I see is Carrie kneeling down next to me, her questions buzzing like bees, asking if I am okay or not. But my eyes search otherwise. Behind Carrie stands a boy my age, his hair riddled with curls, his eyes marble green. But what thrill and frighten me at the same time are his lips. They are bright red, swollen, and hung open in speechlessness. His expression is like that of a person whose memories have been ripped away, and he no longer knows who he is anymore.

And his eyes meet mine.

They send me a ground-shaking message, that I, in realization, feel like I don't know who I am anymore either.

I just kissed a guy. And I loved it.