CHAPTER ONE

JENNIE

"He's a delinquent, you shouldn't make friends with him." My father prompted while he was cutting the steak on his plate. "This is the last time I'll see you with him, okay?" He added and brought the piece in his mouth.

"Yes dad," I answered politely without thinking twice.

This is the third time my father prohibits me to make friends with guys. His reasons? They are delinquent, manipulative, and lack knowledge about how to treat a girl right. I don't know where he gets those stereotypes since he's not like that when he was young. My mother said that he was so gentle and attractive in every way, and she also added that she never regrets marrying dad‒ not even once.

"I'll introduce you to someone you can be friends with, he's my business partner's son, and I guess you two can get along in no time." His face brightened up when he mentioned it.

"Is he studying in Musica et Natus too?" My mother butted in, making me look at my father and wait for his answer.

No, it's not that I'm already interested, but it's hard to find people studying at MeN. Aside from most students here prefer to study at a normal academy (where they can get a degree on their dream job), Musica et Natus is a prestigious school and a hard to enter academy because of two reasons; money and exams. Some can get a scholarship but that will only last for a year and after that, you have to pay for your own.

"Yes, actually he's part of the band. What do they call it?" My father tilted his head in thought. "Oh right, Douce Melodie*." He even snapped his fingers when he remembered it.

*pronounced as "dus melodi"

I could feel my face heated when I heard the name of the band. It is the most popular band out of almost 20 bands in our school. They are the hottest, smartest, and most talented. Everyone loves their cover songs and the way they treated their fans. They look like real celebrities that you can see on television.

"What's his name?" I asked with excitement, making my mother looked at me with knitted brows.

"I don't know, but he's a Kim." I rolled my eyes at my father's answer.

There are four members in that band and there are three Kim's, but the only guy who caught my attention is JK Jeon. He's the vocalist and the most charismatic among them all. Well, all of them are handsome, but JK standout.

"Looks like our daughter is disappointed." My mother chuckled then ate the steak my father cut.

"Hey, you didn't wake me." My brother RM messed my hair then chuckled when I gave him death glares.

Namjoon or RM, is my stupid brother. He's just alive to tease and annoy me‒ that's his hobby. He's also studying at MeN and the drummer of Douce Melodie, but my parents didn't know it. They want us to focus on our studies with no extracurricular that's why he can't tell them, not yet.

"I should buy you an alarm clock," mom said, and then shook her head in disappointment.

"Don't hon, he'll only throw it. I'll be his alarm clock from now on." Dad held my mother's shoulder, and we both laugh at what he said.

RM destroys almost ten alarm clocks every month, every time it rings he'll throw it on the wall until it breaks. Mom was eager enough to buy him another one.

I looked at my gold casino watch and turned to my father, and then signaled to him that I'm going to be late. It's not my first day in school, but it's the first day of school that's why I don't want to be late.

"My princess' gonna be late, we have to go. Goodbye hon," Dad said, then kissed my mom goodbye. He also patted my brother's shoulder before carrying my white leather Gucci handbag.

I looked at the side mirror of the car, then smoothened the creases of my white long-sleeve blouse, gray sleeveless vest, and gray mini skirt. This is the girl's uniform of Musica et Natus while the boys are wearing white long-sleeved polo and blue tie with gold lining stripe for inner covered with maroon long-sleeve vest then gray slacks for the bottom.

 This is the girl's uniform of Musica et Natus while the boys are wearing white long-sleeved polo and blue tie with gold lining stripe for inner covered with maroon long-sleeve vest then gray slacks for the bottom

"Aren't you going to tie your hair? It's sunny today," dad asked as he opened the car door for me.

"The forecasters are sometimes the wrong dad," I said then hopped in the passenger seat.

He shook his head as he chuckled then closed the door. He ran to the driver's seat and started to engine before turning to me again.

"Your seatbelt, nimwit."

I rolled my eyes when he called me "nimwit" another term for dimwit. I'm not offended when my father called me that, it's just him teasing me for my stupid sayings and reasons.

After the 30-minutes ride from home to school, we finally arrived at MeN. Some students are with their circle of friends, chatting and singing on the bench, while others are alone composing their songs.

"Good luck my princess, I'll be late. See you later," dad said then kissed me on the forehead before entering his car.

I waved goodbye as he drove away from where I stood. A small smile escaped from my lips then heaved a sigh. It's another year for all of us in MeN, new classmates, and new friends.

"Hey, Jennie!" I turned my head where I heard the voice calling my name‒ it was Lisa, my first friend in MeN.

"Have you seen the results?" I asked, referring to the results of our exam last summer. It's the MeN way to find out what class we are in this school year.

"You're in class 2-A, as usual." She pouted her lips and cling to my arms. "I'm in 2-B."

My eyes widened at what she said. I'm not surprised that I'm in A, but she worked hard last summer to be in the same section as mine. Though we're in the same building and floor, it feels different not to see her in the same class.

"But it's fine. I'm with JK though." She giggled, making me pinched her waist and she immediately evaded. "I'll introduce you to him, promise."

Loud shrieks coming from the second-year building made us furrowed our eyebrows. Students rushed towards the building without looking if they were hitting someone. The crowd went wild when Taehyung Kim and JK Jeon showed up.

Taehyung is also part of Douce Melodie, he's the coldest guitarist in MeN. He has this bad boy aura yet many girls still like him. As for me, I hate him. He's always wearing his poker face, unlike JK who's always smiling. Some said that they were in an opposite tandem, JK is the hot one and he's the cold one.

"Taehyung is also in 2-B?" I asked her, but she shook her head.

"2-A."