Chapter 1: Goodbyes

Operation: L.O.S.E.R.S

L.A.C.K.E.Y.S

O.B.T.A.I.N

S.C.A.T.T.E.R.E.D

E.D.G.Y

R.E.C.O.L.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S

S.O.M.E.D.A.Y

PHASE 1

"What a painful way to wake up.." Fanny pondered as she dragged her unwilling body like a ragdoll off her bed. She was aching all over, except it wasn't physically. She was mentally strained as she awoke, she stared at her hands and struggles to keep her composure. The thoughts of the previous night lingered in her mind just as unwilling to leave as she is to head out to the KND moon base.

It's the day before school starts. Most of the generation of KND she belongs too are new additions to the teenagers. The most commonly known Sector V has one remaining teen who's birthday is tomorrow and most known and other prestigious members like Numbuh 362 or Numbuh 274 have recently or have already long since started their trip to adulthood.

Worst of all for Fanny, today is her birthday.

And possibly even worse than that, she's set to be decommissioned today.

As Fanny trots her broken spirit down the steps of her house she reflects on her countless years spent in the KND. Each step bringing a new memory as she lightly grazes it like a slideshow. It feels like with each memory she thinks on, she feels closer and closer like she's experiencing death.

The death of her childhood at least.

She couldn't even enjoy breakfast, her reflection in her bowl of milk shows her appearance.

Fanny is newly 13, her face has long since matured and toned. Her freckles became more and more visible as she grew older. Her blood orange hair near uncontrollable in the peak of dawn slithers on her head like a nest of curly snakes with even the slightest movement.

Visibly, she's changed physically but her attitude is long since been the same ever since her first day in the KND. Even in her last days she fulfills her duty as the current supreme leader of the KND. Numbuh 362 or also known as Rachel has had her duties long stripped by her own requests. She vowed to always benefit and ensure the safety of the KND even if she was no longer a kid. She requested to be decommissioned and not have even a chance at another "Chad" incident occurring.

After her breakfast she puts on her signature helmet, the number on the front courageously shows her indicted number as "86" and proceeds sloppily shuffled down the sidewalk to the nearest known KND treehouse next to her house. It was the most known and treasured infamous...

Sector V.

She always hated using this treehouse as the nearest transportation to the moon base but what's most convenient is what we stick with.

Or that is what Numbuh 362 used to say.

Today gave the Fanny chills, every action she takes she wish it would echo through her head as long as she lives, but she knows soon that won't be the case. She lightly knocks on the front door of Nigel UNO's house, former most famous and hard working KND operative of them all.

The door slowly creaks open and then stops, and then creaks again until it slams open. She's greeted smugly by a slightly tall boy. The smug look accompanied by his pale head, showing no sign of hair for a while. He's dressed in a pure red and black checkered flannel, it aligns the whole length of his arms as if it was cut to fit his size. His pants tan colored and obviously resemble khakis, or at least they used too. The pants have rips and tears into them seemingly self induced to display homemade ripped jeans. The boy had shoes, or rather in this case boots way too huge seemingly at first glance for any child or even teen to have feet of that caliber. Further confirming the identity of this child he wears pitch black glasses, the lens poked out for proper vision but the base and outside of the glasses show the lens used to be filled.