Chapter 1

PLEASE READ!
TW: BULIMIA, PICA, BULLYING, RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, SMUT, SMOKING, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, HYPER SEXUAL ACTIVITY FROM TRAUMA, ABUSE, SLURS, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY
-
The first time Santana saw her she was trying out for the cheer team freshman year. Her long, golden, silky, blonde hair, ocean-blue eyes, soft pale skin, tall skinny body with excellent posture. The way her body moves to the music took her breath away. Was she new? How has Santana never noticed such an outstandingly beautiful and talented person? She was brought out of her thoughts by the cheer coach, Sue Sylvester screaming "Next!" into the megaphone. Santana fixed her posture and adjusted her shirt, walking into the gymnasium. She had no clue how she was going to top the girl's performance.

    The Latina ran down the halls towards the big double doors that had a list of names, pushing people out of the way, she scanned over the list to find her name at the very bottom. With a racing heart and a massive smile on her face, she quickly snapped a picture of it, squealing as she sent it to her mother. She was no longer going to be the unknown loser. She was on the cheer team and determined to make everyone in the school part as she walks down the halls. Thank god for puberty.

Throughout the first and second periods, everyone was talking about someone named Quinn Fabray. The name didn't sound familiar, but apparently, there were two new students this year. Quinn must've been one of them, and she has made quite the impression on the high school jocks. If Quinn was already getting popular, Santana knew she had to become friends with this girl. Santana took her tray, glancing around the cafeteria for a place to sit. "Over here!" Ashley Colton, a girl who used to bully Santana yelled. Santana reluctantly made her way over to the table. "You're on the cheerios team, right? I saw you try out. You were fantastic!"

"Oh, yeah... I am. Are you?" Santana asked.

"Yeah! Everyone at this table is, you should sit with us." Ashley suggested. "Are you new? What's your name?"

It was confirmed that Ashley didn't remember Santana at all, that stung a little. How can you not remember making someone's life a living hell? How can you not remember the face you made fun of because of acne or the racism you had towards them? "Santana, and no, I'm not new."

"Huh, must have never had classes together." Ashley shrugged. "I'm Ashley, this is Sabrina, Taylor, Jasmine, Alexa, Bailey, and Jessica, I'm sure you remember a few of them if you're not new. We have two new girls here and they're both cheerios. Quinn Fabray is one of them, but she's eating with the jocks. Brittany Pierce is the other, but I heard she's getting special education help."

"Yeah, I heard she's autistic." Alexa chirped in. "Makes sense, I guess. She said the weirdest things in biology." Alexa chuckled.

Santana wanted to punch all of them in their stupid plastic faces. Instead, she sat down and tried to start eating, but Ashley was staring at her. "You know, you have to lose weight to be on the cheerios, so eating like that isn't going to help. I suggest going on a diet like all of us."

Santana put down her burger, losing all her appetite, and wanting to cry. Did she need to lose weight? She pushed herself so hard all summer to lose weight. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks." She said, getting up and throwing away her food.

    Santana had algebra with the one and only Quinn Fabray, which I might add, is a massive bitch. She was the key to getting popular though. After class, Santana stopped Quinn in her tracks. "I want to be your friend," Santana announced, instantly regretting it. That sounded way too desperate.

"Get in line?" Quinn scoffed. "Not interested."

Offended, Santana put on her resting bitch face, crossing her arms. "Look. blondie, I've come to notice that you're a massive bitch, and a player. It's obvious you're playing half of the jocks in the two days that you've been here, I find that impressive, but unless you want the whole school to know about all your affairs, which I'm assuming Karoskfy's girlfriend, one of the most popular girls in the school, won't like that you're flirting with her man. So, your choice, want some drama? Or team up with me."

Quinn scoffed. "Why do you want to "team up" with me?"

"I want to be popular," Santana stated. "I'm on the cheerios, so it's not like you're becoming friends with Rachel Berry." Quinn stares blankly, not knowing who the hell Rachel is. Santana shook her head, resuming to the point. "Imagine how popular we will be if we are walking down the halls together in our cheerios uniform looking smoking hot with a bad attitude."

"Fine, whatever." Quinn finally says before shoving Santana out of the way and walking to class. Leaving a grin on the Latina's face.

    School made her forget about her problems at home, but she always had to end up facing them at the end of the day. As tears rolled down the red imprint of a hand on her cheek, Santana did her homework. Glancing at her phone across the table every second her Abuela turned away, in hopes that her mom would call to tell her she was picking her up and that her dad would be working late. All Santana wanted was to be in bed, sleeping. She didn't want to be awake. Not if it meant being hit every time she did something or said something her Abuela didn't like. Not if it meant hearing her parents screaming at each other.

"I heard you made it onto the cheerleading team?" Her Abuela mentioned.

Santana cleared her throat, hoping that her voice wouldn't break and that Abuela wouldn't hit her for crying. "Yeah. Our first practice is tomorrow, we get out uniforms then too."

"Good. Did you make any friends?"

"Yeah. All the cheerios including Quinn Fabray, a new student at the school. She's also on the cheerios."

Finally, her phone started vibrating, she reached across the table to grab it, when her Abuela grabbed it before she could, answering it. Santana's blood was boiling. Instead of saying something, she leaned back into her chair, waiting for her Abuela to get off the phone. "Your mom's here. Get going."

Santana quickly packed up her homework, said goodbye to her Abuela, and rushed out the door to the car. Her mother stared at the mark on her face but was silent. They never speak about it, not even when her father does it to her. Santana doesn't hate her mother for not doing something about it, how could she, this is what her mom grew up in. It's all she's known.

Thankfully her dad was working, perks of having your abusive father be a doctor. Santana ran to her room, collapsing into her bed and sobbing.

Authors note:
{full first chapter is on a03 you can find me, my user is simpforheda}