II

Surrounded by dust, old books and it's sweet and musky smell that wafts every book lover.

He sat there in the corner of the shady bookstore, hugging his knees as he hid his face in his arms, feeling his sleeves drench up in his tears, that were uncontrollable now as he recalled the conversation he was in earlier-

Why do you always compare me with someone else?!! It's my life, okay? Please don't interfere-"

"Interfere??" the women in her early forties scoffed a breath of disbelief.

"Jaesung, did you listen to what your son said right now? Now, I am interfering in his life..." she mumbled to the man seated in a couch at the distant, who was fully concentrated the newspaper in his hand and didn't seem bothered by the discussion between the woman and the small boy.

"Jimin....son, you shouldn't speak that way with your mother," the man grunted out in a low voice still seeming unbothered as his eyes scanned the headline on the newspaper.

"But it's the truth Dad! She is never happy or satisfied with me. regardless of those top ranks, best grades, competitive in sports, music, arts or anything I achieve! She just sees that fucking kid of our fucking neighbour better than her son in anyway!!" the boy splurted out as his face heated up in anger and his jaw clenched up in retort.

"Did you just swear at m-" the woman gasped a breath as she placed her hands on her waist and rubbed her forehead seeming very disappointed by the boy's behavior. She turned around to her husband again expecting some words from him but she got even more disappointed by his keen interest in the news more than his son's future.

"PARK JAESUNG!!" she screamed making the man flinch as he got on his feet abruptly and yeet the newspaper somewhere around in fear of his wife's threatening call.

"Jimin!" he raised his voice trying to pretend bold but then sighed a soft breath again after he glared at boy's dazzling chocolate brown eyes, melting at his son's cuteness.

" uh-hh.... don't make your mom angry, son. You know how scary she be-" his voice halted as he felt his wife jabbing a hole into him by her death glare from the side. "I-I mean you should behave properly and listen to what she says,"

"Why should I?! I'm tired of listening to her-"

"Because I'm your mother, young man!! And what I do or say is only for your good, okay? Now, I don't want to hear a single utter from your mouth and get back in your room! Also, no more internet connection and no going out with friends from now on, you're just gonna focus on your studies!!"

"But I study all the time. You're saying like I don't study at all!! It's not fair-"

"Another word and you're grounded for a month!"

Jimin inhaled a short breath in disbelief and darted his eyes to his Dad hoping some defend from his side. But he frowned when his Dad gave him a pity look and mouthed a 'sorry' as a sign of defeat with his mother.

"I can't believe you guys...."

Jimin mumbled with a shaky breath as his eyes started to glaze with tears. He scanned his teary eyes to both of his parents before walking up to the door unhurriedly.

"Where do you think you're goin-"

"I'm leaving this house and I will never come back! I-I hate you guys...." were the last words Jimin muttered in a painful manner before he dashed out of the door, wiping his tears with his sweater paws.