Chapter 37

Pepper had to take a small break from Vanessa's lips, otherwise they'd never get anything done. "Lena, tell the ship you're in the airlock, and that there are humans aboard, and you're trying to communicate with them. Make sure nobody else comes over. When that is done, have Miles help you to the med bay."

"Just what have you been up to Pepper?" Nessa asked her lover while trying to kiss her neck.

"I'll show you!" Pepper promised. "But first we're going to get your body used to the gravity." Pepper picked up Nessa in her arms, and carried her gently to the medical bay, laying her on the bed. "I have to take your suit off, then there is going to be a little burning sensation. I hope it isn't too bad for you, but I think it will stimulate your muscles."

"Mmmm, I thought that was your job!" Vanessa couldn't stop teasing, she was just so happy to have seen Pepper again, she never wanted to be apart from her.

"It is!" Pepper said, stripping the rest of the suit off and running her hands up Vanessa's leg. "As soon as you're out of this we can talk more, ok? I'll be right here next to you."

"You're sure this will work?" Vanessa asked, as Pepper began to close the lid.

"I'm sure. This saved Miles and I."

"I trust you Honey, and I love you."

"I love you too Nessa." Pepper smiled as she closed the lid, pressing the start button. Nessa yelped once, but otherwise seemed okay in there.

A few minutes later, Miles was carrying Lena in, and they went through the same routine. Lena didn't even make a sound when the bed was turned on, she was so happy. Once they were in the capsules, and getting their muscles rejuvenated, Miles went and grabbed a few meals from the sled and shared them with Pepper. They weren't warm, since they hadn't had a chance to search the new ship for any galley spaces, but it was still edible. After almost two days of not eating, they each gulped down a pair of meals and multiple water pouches while talking to the others.

Pepper watched the little lights march across the status bars of the capsules, it looked like this was going to be a much shorter process since they weren't having to deal with whatever injuries she and Miles had incurred. In under two hours, each of them was out of the beds and jumping up and down, testing out their new muscles.

"Fuck, this is the way to fly!" Lena exclaimed happily.

"You should see the bridge, damned thing even let us fly it," Miles crowed happily.

Lena just ran to go see it, moaning as she ran her hands over the instruments. "You know, this is kind of crazy. Like my Aunt Harley, she used to tell me a story when I was younger that she and her wife switched bodies when they were back in school. She told me it helped them fall in love! I used to think it was all drugs, but now that I've seen all this stuff on this trip, I'm beginning to think I owe her an apology. Maybe when I get back to Earth, we can give her a ride!"

"Wait, don't press anything! We want to keep those lights on so they can't see us," Pepper reminded her, ignoring the story. Lena would always be Lena.

"Oh, don't sweat it. When we were on the bridge, we couldn't see shit in here. We thought we were gonna get blown up," Lena assured them.

Vanessa pulled on Pepper's arm, taking her off the bridge so Miles could show Lena around. "Honey, where's my dad?" she asked nervously, already knowing the answer.

Pepper just pulled her into a hug, squeezing her tight in support. "I'm so sorry Nessa, I wish I could have saved him."

"I know Pepper. I knew something was wrong as soon as we got on the ship, but I was afraid to ask. Can you tell me what happened? If we're being all secretive, I have to guess Brody did something?"