Chapter 1

" hey keep that flower basket on the ground. " Said a man.

" Sir the decorators are here. " Said another man.

There is a lot of hustle bustle going in my house today. And you wanna know why?? It's because today is my engagement. Well by the way I'm Drishti Sharma, 24yrs and a teacher by profession.

" Dear why are you standing here?? You should go and rest for sometime darling. " Said my mother.

" Chill mom.. relax I'm perfectly fine. " I consoled my mom.

" Fine go and take bath at least. " Again my mom said.

Well I came from the market. I was covered with sweat so my mom is telling me to take a bath.

" Fine mom I'm going bye. " I said and went upstairs to my room.

**************

I was standing under the shower and thinking about my life which is going to take a new turn. I never thought that I'll  marry. But see life sometimes  gives unexpected twists. I'm going to get married to a person who I don't even know properly. I only met him at my house once when he came to see me with his father. He didn't even look at me. He was polite with my parents but rude and cold with me. Did I do something or what?! Then after that we never met. Whenever we'll make a plan, some or the other thing will come up and spoil everything. God knows how I'll spend my life with a person who I don't even know properly.

********************

I got ready in a beautiful white saree with stones and pearls. And wore a simple necklace with matching peach stones and small earrings. I saw Rakshit coming with his father and some external family. He touched my parents' feet seeking blessings from them and gave them a faint smile. Is he really interested in marrying me?? Should I ask him?? No no what if he gets offended by my question?? I should stay quiet. He came and stood beside me. He gazed at me and then turned away. So rude!! Then my mother came with our rings. I gave my hand and he took the ring from his father. I could see his hand shivering. Why was he shivering?? I was totally lost in my thoughts. I came back to earth when I felt something cold on my finger. I saw him sliding the ring in my finger. Now it's my turn. I took the ring from my mother. He gave his hand and I slid it in his finger.

We had our engagement. But he stood their expressionless. Isn't he happy about our engagement??? Soon the photographer came and asked us to pose for pictures. He told us to move close to each other . I saw him and he moved closer to me. In some poses we had to hug each other and all. I was shivering with his proximity. Just a mere touch is giving me these types of reactions then what will happen when we... Wait wait!! What am I thinking god.

Soon it was time for them to leave. We bid bye to them but he didn't even spare a glance towards me. I was really getting confused and immensely hurt by this man. Why is he behaving like this?? I think I should wait. Maybe he'll clear everything some day. And I hope that "some day" should arrive as soon as possible.