Introduction

How to find the playlist

I created the playlist on Spotify. It is called "countess x ramona 🔪" and was created by user mothermonstersbaby. It is not currently available on other streaming services as I do not have any others but you are welcome to copy it or create your own if you want.

You can find it by
1. Scanning the Spotify code on the cover of this story
or 2. Searching the playlist name or user mothermonstersbaby
or 3. Clicking the link on my profile

How I structured the playlist

Each song is supposed to represent Elizabeth and Ramona's feelings towards one another throughout their relationship. The order of the songs is also supposed to represent the evolution of their relationship, from when they first meet and fall in love to when they break up, then meet again, Elizabeth dies and they (with Elizabeth as a ghost from then on) find their way back to one another and how they feel at these different stages.

All of the interpretations of the lyrics are my personal headcanons, especially everything after Elizabeth dies. They are inspired by what we've seen of their relationship on the show but may or may not feel out of character if you view the characters/their relationship differently than I do obviously. You don't have to agree with them, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Sometimes the songs are from Elizabeth's perspective, sometimes Ramona's, and sometimes they could be both or one part of the song is Elizabeth's and another is Ramona's. For that reason, I wanted to take the time to write a little about each song and how I feel it represents their relationship.

I've also sometimes considered multiple possible meanings of the songs and not all headcanons have to be true at the same time. Like I said, I'm just sharing my thoughts :)

How I chose the songs

The music is mostly chosen because of the lyrics (and accompanying ~vibes~) and of course songs have to align with my personal taste because what's the fun of a playlist if you don't enjoy listening to it?

There's lots of 2000s and 2010s music for that reason, Pop, R&B, some Disco and 80s but I'll also keep adding more as I explore different artists and songs just because I love finding new songs that remind me of them. Especially also ones from the time period of when they were first together (1977-91) because just imagine them getting down on the dance floor together! A dream.

Now some quick notes because both the playlist and these interpretations are a work in progress:

The last song on the playlist currently is Be Without You by Mary J. Blige, so every song after that I just added and haven't reviewed and sorted in yet. By reviewing I mean, when I add a song, I look at the lyrics and see where it fits between the other songs or if it really fits at all. If I end up not feeling it after all, I'll remove it again (which will probably happen with some of those Gaga songs but we'll see).

I have not finished writing down all the interpretations yet. For that reason I will only publish a few of them at a time (instead of all of them at once) as I keep working on them. Each song gets its own chapter and I'll add a picture with the Spotify Code to each chapter, too, so you can find the songs quicker.

Every time I update chapters, I'll mark the ones I added with "(new)" in case I end up squeezing one in between the ones I've already published (because
I will publish them in the order they are in the playlist) so you know what's up.

Okay, I think that's enough introducing for now so let's get started :)