Woke Up Late - Drax Project feat. Hailee Steinfeld (new)

Woke up late
Somewhere far away from home
Pockets empty, wallet gone
The sun is streaming all on down on my face
Layin' down on someone's bed
A girl that I had hardly met
My head is spinnin' like I've been out days
Now you're waking up too
Lyin' next to me in your room
Not quite used to someone so new
Did ya catch my name? Yeah
Wonder how long I slept in
I don't know where the hell I've been
I know that's all right

Ramona wakes up in Elizabeth's bed the morning after they met. She's a bit disoriented as she tries to remember how she got there and who the woman next to her is. Elizabeth begins to wake up, too, and Ramona wonders if she can even remember her name but the way she looks at her with her soft smile makes her feel like everything's alright.

Last night, we met at one
Drank 'til two
Danced 'til four
Walked you home
Awake 'til dawn
Slept 'til noon
And now I want more

Ramona remembers how they spent their night. How they met, went out for drinks and danced all night long. How they walked back to the hotel once the bars closed and spent the early morning hours talking, making out, ...having sex until they fell asleep. Thinking about it now, reliving the moments in her head as she looks at Elizabeth next to her, Ramona is already yearning for more.

I got that taste, oh
It's in my mouth it's like I had too much last night
It just felt so right
Because of you, now
I could go or I could stay
'Cause I got nothing planned today
And I know that's all right

Ramona got a taste of Elizabeth, of kissing her, of being flirted with, of being admired and adored by a beautiful woman. Of sleeping with her. The things she made her feel were overwhelming, something she wasn't used to at all but something that felt so right.
She isn't sure whether she should leave or stay, though she's hoping Elizabeth will ask her to stay a little longer because any plans Ramona had for the day are already out the window. And she's fine with that.

Why's it so, so easy with the lights down?
Why's it so, so easy when the night's ours?
Why's it so, so easy with the lights down?
Why's it so, so easy, yeah, so, so easy, oh

At night, in the dark, Ramona feels so much more carefree, more fearless to let loose and follow her desires to engage with and pursue Elizabeth. Everything seems so much easier than it does in the clarity of the daylight where she feels so hyper visible, which makes her uncomfortable since she doesn't even know what exactly she's feeling yet. She just longs for that feeling again where the night belongs to them, where it feels like she can explore her infatuation in peace, without anyone watching and judging them.

Yeah, last night was fun, let's do it again
We both know we're more than friends
And I know that's all right

Despite her worries and anxieties surrounding these new feelings, Ramona knows she wants to experience it all again, spend more nights with Elizabeth, explore these feelings further. They both want more and Elizabeth assures her it's alright.