A Cuddle a Day Keeps the Nightmares Away (Oumeno)

Requested by: OumenoSimp

I wrote this in 6 hours including breaks and that's really strange considering my pace in writing.

It may be OOC.

~~~

Kokichi has been odd lately. Well, he’s always weird, but lately, he’s been weirder than usual. Has he always been this clingy with her? He is clingy, but he also knows boundaries ever since they started dating. Even giving her more gifts than usual, she doesn’t have any more room for another stuffed animal.

She needs to get to the bottom of this so he can stop this.

Himiko walked down the dorm hallway, stopping once she came to a specific dorm. She lifted her hand to knock, hesitating only for a bit, before actually knocking on the door.

Her hands were now behind her back, waiting for the door to open. A few seconds passed and there was no sense of the door opening.

Strange, she could’ve sworn he would be in his room at this time. She gripped the doorknob and twisted it slightly, even weirder how he left his room unlocked. Knowing Kokichi, he should be prepared for anything, even his death, at least that’s what he told her. Yet, he made the simple mistake of leaving the door unlocked.

If it was nighttime and he left the door unlocked like this, the evil shadow from the hallway could get in. That would be horrifying.

Going to his room would be rude, she should lock the door for him. It’s a kind thing to do for your boyfriend after all, right?

Yes yes, she’s so sweet. The best girlfriend ever.

She smiled at her compliment, opening the door fully. Surprisingly, Kokichi was in his room. He must’ve forgotten to lock his door and went to his bed to sleep.

Well, she can’t ask a sleeping Kokichi about his behavior towards her, she’ll ask later.

“Sleep tight, Kokichi, I’ll ask you later.” She whispered while twisting the lock on his doorknob. The door slowly closing to not wake him up.

“Himi...ko?”

She paused upon hearing her name. Is he sleep talking? Is she in his dream, that’s kinda romantic? Is it? From what Maki and Tsumugi told her it should be. How flattering.

“Can you...come here?” He sat up from his bed to indicate he was awake.

He wasn’t sleep-talking, he knew she was there. This turned from romantic to creepy real quick. Himiko opened the door slightly, “Kokichi, I don’t want to bother your sleeping. You know what, I bet I woke you up when I opened your door. I apologize-”

“I thought you wanted to know about my behavior change.”

She nodded, “Nyeh, you were acting strange so I thought I would ask you but seeing that you were tired, I didn’t want to bother you.” Himiko felt a bit flustered as she said that. If anything, she cared for him.

Kokichi reached his hand out toward her, “Please, can you stay with me? Only for a few minutes?”

How can you reject that offer? His tone of voice was soft so he must’ve meant it. There wasn’t a time to think about it, the obvious answer was she was going to stay.

Himiko entered the room once again, this time, coming in. She sat on the bed next to Kokichi and placed her hands together. Kokichi scooted closer to her and hugged her from behind, rested his head on her back. She blushed a little at this sudden thing.

“To tell you the truth,” Kokichi frowned, “I’ve been having bad dreams for a couple of weeks.”

Oh, so that’s why he was acting like that, because of his nightmares. Even someone like Kokichi gets nightmares, who knew. Himiko placed her hand over Kokichi’s to reassure him a little. He must’ve known that he couldn’t lie about not having them forever.

“What were they about?”

He was silent for a little bit before he answered her, “You said you hated me and that shouldn’t have been alive.”

What? Her, and hating Kokichi in the same sentence? Well maybe if they were playing around, but he knew they were joking about it.

Himiko turned her head, “Nyeh, but you know I wouldn’t say that right?”

“...”

He must be really hurt by his dreams. She needs to fix this and make sure everything is going to be okay.

“Here,” Himiko removed Kokichi’s arms from around her and turned around to face him. She cupped his face in her hands, “My mom used to say this to me whenever I had bad nightmares. She would always lay next to me and cuddle beside me to make sure I was okay before I went to sleep. After that, I didn’t have nightmares.” She placed her forehead against his, “‘A cuddle a day drives the nightmares away’ she always said. And my mom is the best mom, you believe me right? You don’t need to buy me gifts or act clingy with me so I won’t leave you because I swear, I will never leave you. I love you, Kokichi, and nothing will change that.”

Kokichi blushed a little by her sudden sweetness, it seemed out of line for her. Usually, he would tease her about this line as she was trying to make him feel better. But she was being thoughtful when he truly needs it. He smiled a little.

“See, my magic powers are working to make you feel better! I am a real mage, I told you!” Himiko moved away from Kokichi, “What about I stay by your side before you feel comfortable sleeping?” She yawned a little, all this talk made her a little tired.

She didn’t waste this chance to start laying down on his bed, he proceeded to do the same. It wasn’t a surprise that she immediately fell asleep as soon as she hit the pillow. Kokichi reached his arms out to wrap around Himiko and to pull her closer to him.

He couldn’t help but feel happy that Himiko was there next to him. It put his mind at ease knowing she wouldn’t say anything she would say in his nightmares. A smile grew across his face as he closed his eyes, being able to finally have, a good night’s sleep.

~~~

Yo...this was so sweet it'll give you cavities. I should know, I had to write, and re-read it.

Oh, if you could rate it out of 1-10. What would it be? Since I am practicing I would like to see how you thought of it.

🔦Make sure you carry a flashlight.🔦