A Croissant to Cheer You Up (Saimatsu)

Requested by: mittenbutmac

One thing I didn't include was the crying bit you put in the request. It's just I didn't know how to add it without deleting my whole thing. And once I delete the whole thing its gonna take me forever to come up with something different-

So I shall apologize for that.

~~~

He needs to go out, being like this isn’t a good idea. Sure, he solved a murder case, but at what cost? Being blamed by the culprit himself.

How pitiful he is for believing those words of a murderer, but it still struck him pretty hard. Did he even want to be considered a detective anymore? His uncle said he did the right thing, but the man said otherwise. It makes him feel bad about himself, in a negative way.

A break is what’s best for him at that moment.

But the question is, where should he go?

Somewhere where he can be less...like this and more calming.

Shuichi tilted his head and peered out of his uncle’s office window, looking at the building across the street. It was a bakery that he never had time to go to, even though his friends offered to bring him there or get something for him, but he ended up always declining both requests because he was busy. And the bakery always seems busy by the time he’s not busy so he’s never had the time.

Maybe he should go to that place since his busyness died down when he caught the guilty culprit. He just needs a few minutes to feel better about himself. Less stress, more calm.

He stood up from his chair, waving to his uncle he’ll be back and left the building.

---

“After the next person, I’m going to take a break, is that okay?” Kaede asked her worker friend, Tsumugi. Tsumugi nodded, “That’s fine. You plainly need a break, you did skip out on your lunch break.”

She chuckled a little, “That was because we were busy during the lunch rush, and almost every other lunch rush.” She waved her hand, “I only decided on a break because you’re giving me the ‘you sure you’re not tired’ glare every time I deal with a customer. I’m just trying to satisfy your needs.”

Tsumugi squinted her eyes, “I didn’t mean to manipulate your break time, you do know that right?”

“Of course, but understand the worry you get whenever I have to deal with so many customers.”

“Aw, you’re so understanding,” Tsumugi wrapped her arms around her into an embrace, “You’re the best worker buddy I’ll ever have!”

“You know-”

The bell above the door chimed throughout the store making the two girls get back to a professional fashion. It would’ve been so embarrassing if anybody saw them randomly doing that. 

“W-Welcome! How may I help you?” Kaede smiled as the male customer came closer to the counter. She placed her hands together, “You kinda look like that one detective’s nephew whose office is in front of us. I saw the news he caught the culprit of the murder case, that’s good. I don’t think his name was revealed to the public but I’ve seen some terribly taken pictures of him.”

Shuichi's eyes twitched as she mentioned that. Who knew the worker at this bakery would talk about that openly. But it doesn’t seem like she knows who he is so this still can be a good trip after all.

“But, you’re not here to talk about that case -you’re most likely not him anyway- you’re here for a delicious treat from this amazing bakery.” Kaede waved her arms around as she was complimenting her work. He nodded, agreeing with what Kaede was saying. She placed her hands together once again, “You don’t seem like you’re the talkative type, plus I can tell you’re new here as well. So you must not know what you’re going to get.”