Beautiful Mistakes

(song-fic so it's recommended to listen to the song in the second slide)

"It's beautiful, it's bittersweet
You're like a broken home to me"

Levi having casual hookups with someone wasn't a thing before he met Y/n. He would only let her see him so exposed and vulnerable. No one else could see him that way. However, it didn't start like this though.

Taking back to your and Levi's one year anniversary. You were each other's first relationship, first kiss, first everything. After spending so much time in the survey corps, you two had grown very fond of each other.

After Hange practically forced Levi to confess to you one night, you both began the most beautiful relationship anyone had ever seen. You two were inseparable.

You were the only one to make Levi genuinely smile and laugh. Expeditions were tough however, due to you both leading groups and having no way to contact each other. Worrying constantly about if each other was safe and okay.

After you two knew you were alive and well, you'd both breathe a sigh of relieve. Wanting nothing more than to take each other in your arms, but not being able to do so in public. Once you made it back and into the privacy of your dorms, you guys stayed in bed together for the night into most of the next day.

Tangled in each other's arms and letting each other remind yourselves that you were okay.

"I take a shot of memories and black out like an empty street
I fill my days with the way you walk and fill my nights with broken dreams"

After a few years of being together, Levi began to distance himself. Not because he didn't love you because heavens, you were his entire soul. The thought of losing you made his heart nearly stop. That's why he began to distance himself.

He had lost everyone he had ever cared for and he couldn't lose you. He could never do that. It would utterly kill him.

"I make up lies inside my head
Like, "One day, you'll come back to me"

You were honestly confused when he did this, considering you two hadn't spent a moment apart for years. You kept trying to hang out with him, but he wouldn't open up to you. He had never done this before and always told you everything.

It ate away at you to know that he wasn't okay. After a couple months, you had slammed your hands onto his desk with tears in your eyes. His entire soul shook and broke at the sight of you so hurt...but he knew this was for the best. For the both of you.

"Now I'm not holding on, not holding on
I'm just depressed that you're gone"

You had to break things off after that. Knowing that he wasn't going to tell you how he felt and feeling inferior was tearing you apart. All that went through your head was all the reasons he could be doing this.

You couldn't stand to even be in the same building or even regiment, so you transferred to the Garrison branch. Seeing him everyday hurt too much for that.

You both hadn't talked for around 3 months before he finally came to see you. The visit was awkward, but needed. You both missed each other terribly.

It started as a checking up to make sure you were settling well and to try to repair the friendship, so he could grasp some sort of relationship with you.