Letter to Heaven

"Good morning darling,

I miss you greatly. Todays mission has been difficult to say the least.. we lost a ton of soldiers. However, nothing was worse than when I lost you. A few of us made it out alive, today.

I'm always grateful for that turnout... but i'm not grateful enough... because you didn't come back. Not like they did.. not whole. I miss your touch... having your warm hand in mine. That smile that lights up villages that you have.. I could really use that right now.

How was your day, my love? Playing around with the angels must be fun. Say Hi to my mother for me, yeah?

How have you been? I try to write to you every day, but you know I have to stay alert on the battlefield.

Hange said she's worried about me. Claims I haven't been eating. I say she's talking nonsense... but I know you'd say the same thing.

Random question: Do you remember on our wedding day how you told me that we were going to own a house on the shore?

Well, I bought one for us. It's a little rusty but I'm working on it. It helps me actually.. to keep my mind busy and focused on something. All i can think about is you...

Why can't you come back to me? Id destroy the world if it meant having you back in my arms.  It isn't fair... We were meant to live the rest of our lives together. There's not a minute that goes by that i'm not thinking about you or missing you.

I always think about us and what we would have been. Happy. Alive. Maybe with a baby or two. We could have been so perfect. Why did you have to go?

This is my letter to heaven. My letter to you. My beautiful bride. My muse. The reason i still choose to live in this forsaken world. I live on for you. Everything I do is for you. I love you, sweetheart.

Forever yours,
Levi Ackerman. "