Coincidence

"Hey, how much for a quickie?"

Girl with the red hair stopped dead in her tracks. Her blonde partner walking alongside halted as well.

"Not worth it Kyoko." She grabbed her wrist, seeing as her hand balled into a fist. She saw this scenario repeat itself way too many times to not know what's coming next. "Let's just-"

The redhead broke the grip. Her golden eyes lit up, flashing through the darkness of the night as she headed towards the group.

There were four of them, leaning against a street wall. Leather jackets over black clothes, gelled up hair and band aids hiding the marks of tussles. One of them had a half-empty glass bottle in his hand. They were your typical delinquents, looking for trouble. Plenty of them in those parts of the city with its back alleys, few street lamps and almost absence of police patrols. To wander around here was like asking for trouble, but nowhere the Witches were so easy to find as here.

"You said something, punk?" Asked the Magi in light green hoodie and shorts, stopping before all four of them.

"I asked how much you take for a quickie." Repeated the one standing in the middle. He looked the part of a leader, being the only one to wear a white bandana with swear words scribbled all over.

"Too expensive for you." She shot back.

"Actually, I have 500 yen to spare." He deflected, the rest of the group roaring with laughter.

"But look at those legs, man! For those alone, I'd chip in 300 more!" Laughed the one to his right, wearing black sunglasses even in the middle of the night.

Enough was enough. In the blink of an eye, she closed the distance and sucker punched the leader right in the jaw before he could see it coming.

He stumbled back and his back slammed against the wall before sliding down to the ground. The rest of the group only watched in shock, as not a single one of them anticipated things to take such a turn.

But the Magi kept moving, and moved fast, kicking one of them on the side of their knee and sending him to the ground, before turning to his colleague and taking him down with a one-two punch to the liver and chin. As he too fell down she nimbly took away the bottle he held and threw it at the third member of this rowdy bunch. It landed dead on, hitting his head and bursting into a shower of cutting shards.

Ignoring his screams as he lay there, clenching his shredded face Kyoko calmly walked back to the first delinquent she knocked down. Remembering how he "complimented" her legs just a while ago she kicked him right in the ribs, then did it again and again, empowering every kick with magic for the maximum effect, just as she did for the previous strikes. He begged her to stop after one of them cracked, but the girl was just too far into the enjoyment to just leave it at that.

Mami watched on from a distance, noticing how the one her partner knocked down with the one-two picked himself up and was now in her blind spot, closing on her fast.

"Prendere!" She shouted, pointing at the delinquent. Many golden ribbons shot out from her sleeve, before throwing themselves to seize him by the waist. He began screaming like a child when she lifted him up, but not for long, for the force she threw him at the wall with had knocked the wind out of his lungs and him unconscious.

The sound of it caused Kyoko to look behind her. The spark in her eyes faded away, returning the irides to their normal, more subdued shade.

"Thanks for having my back." She said when they resumed their walk.

"That's the last time I'm helping you like that!" The blonde stated firmly, wagging a finger at her.

"Heh, that's what you always say, yet you always save me in the end." Shrugged off the redhead, showing her fanged teeth in a smile.

"I'm serious, Kyoko!" Insisted Mami. "Letting emotions run your head is a one-way street to nowhere good. Get that temper of yours in check." She added, reprimanding her like a teacher would do with a troublesome student.

"I'll be fine. By the way, it looked to me like you broke something in that punk, if not worse-"

"Don't change the subject!" Replied Mami angrily, stopping in place.

"Oh give me a break Mami." Sighed the red-haired Magi, pausing as well. "We did something good, didn't we? They won't think of harassing someone again for at least a month!"

"Just because it happened to have a good side effect doesn't mean it wasn't irresponsible." Mami crossed her arms, standing by her opinion.

"Coincidences rule the world." Kyoko smiled again, before resuming the walk down the street.

As she walked, she took out her phone and turned on the screen. Hm, that's weird, she thought, seeing how the clock shield on it read clear as day, an hour of 4 PM.

"Of course they do." Her partner sneered after a while, then resumed following her lead.