003: get the hell off our side of the island

—  •  •    CHAPTER THREE    •  •  —
( get the hell off our side of the island )

—  •  •  ✧  CHAPTER THREE  ✧  •  •  —( get the hell off our side of the island )

     BACK AT THE CUT, the Pogues were shocked when a body was dragged out on a gurney

BACK AT THE CUT, the Pogues were shocked when a body was dragged out on a gurney. A woman came over to the body and began crying over it. Lydia frowned, looking down at her shoes.

John B, who was sitting right next to her, asked. "Who's that?"

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." A girl standing on the other side of John B responded. "Check out this pic I got." She held out her phone, showing John B and Lydia first. "Dead body."

"Holy shit." John B swore.

When Lydia saw the picture of the corpse, she covered her mouth, gagging. She didn't have that strong of a stomach. "That's disgusting." She stated, looking away.

The girl then showed the picture to Pope, JJ, and Kiara. JJ instantly got a bad feeling. "What kind of boat did he have?" He asked.

Lydia knew what JJ meant when he asked, and she hoped the girl wouldn't respond with the answer JJ thought she was going to, but she did. "Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it."

The friends all shared a collective look. Lydia definitely felt like she was gonna be sick when she looked back at the woman crying over Scooter Grubbs already-rotting corpse.

✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸

Back at the Château sat with Kiara on the ripped up sofa outside. JJ was sitting on the sofa chair, and John B was standing up, leaning on the railing. They were all discussing what they were going to do, when Pope came storming up the patio stairs. He was erratically panting.

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything." He explained. "We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ said, standing up. "See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

Kiara sighed. "Guys, we can't keep that money."