iii. three

The second time Will had been in love, she was seventeen which happened to be six years ago in counting.

She happened to fall in love with Cody himself.

Will never considered herself to be a person interested in relationships—her heart had been broken so many times, there was no point in loving someone new. Will had felt such joy with Cody, it seemed unreal. When she saw him, her heart swelled with love, pressing kisses against his neck and holding hands. During "business" she never let her relationship get in the way. Kai complained that relationships were pointless and ruin the purpose of being a villain. But Will was young and stupid.

Relationships were just a fickle thing.

Will had once almost got killed because of love. She twirled the knife in her fingers, blade moving around her hand in a smooth motion eyeing her target. It had been nightfall, Yelena in the backseat while Cody was in the passenger. They all watched the business man walk into the warehouse. "You're nervous Willow, aren't you?" Cody asked.

"I'm fine. I'm just —"

"When are we going inside?" Yelena was next to ask, her accent thick laced in her voice. "I can't keep watching him."

"Overhaul put me the leader, right?" She snapped back. "I'll make the decision on when we get in."

"We don't have a lot of time."

"Fine."

Will opened the car door, letting it shut behind her and tucking her knife on its place on her belt. "I'll do the talking," she ordered placing her burgundy face mask over her nose and mouth. She sliced her hair down her shoulders, letting her combat boots echo throughout the parking lot. She stepped inside, pulling out her gun quickly and pointing it at the group of men standing inside the blank warehouse. "Where the fuck is the money?!" She screamed. The older man, maybe in his late sixties turned around. "Oh!" He shouted in his accent. "I didn't know Overhaul was a female!"

"Is something wrong with that?" Yelena was next to barge in, holding her machine gun over her shoulder. Yelena was from Spain— and lived in Russia for most of her life and trained to be an assassin. Until she broke out from her kidnappers reign, killed him, and became the worlds most wanted criminal. Yelena was Will's role model, teaching her how to use a spork as a weapon and how to defend herself with her knuckles. Her hair was short and cut into a boyish style and her slim body matched her outfit.

The man chuckled, Will almost forgetting Cody was standing beside her. If she were being frank, her and Yelena could've taken Kai's rival down themselves. Cody was just extra luggage.

"What's so funny?" Will cocked her gun, stepping forward. "Where the fuck is my brothers money, Volkov? Start talking or I'll put a bullet in your brain."

He laughed again. "If you kill me, you may never know." His men had cocked their own weapons and pointing them at the group.

"I've had enough of this shit," Yelena mentioned and was first to shoot the man dead onto the ground. That set off a chain reaction— instantly, the leader of the gang, Volkov, splattered to the floor, body now lifeless. Volkov's men started shooting and one of them took off with a briefcase of money. Yelena and Will both did cartwheels and somersaults in the air to dodge the bullets and the fight was on. "Specter-2, drive around back after that man!" Specter-2 happened to be Cody's code name since he didn't have a "professional" one yet.

Cody was quick to retort but Will had commanded him to leave. One of the guys was first to strike Will by swinging a heavy punch and Will ducking under to dodge it. Quickly, she reached for the knife on her belt and lodged it into his neck before launching her foot into his groin then kicking him backwards.