Chapter 10

Lavid and Cleo walked out of the room and appeared at the night party. Cleo confidently strutted as if she was the main focus of the party. Lavid adored Cleo's personality and didn't dare to think any different. Cleo's dress really turned heads--but that's probably because she's a Heavenly Assistant. Lavid had an interesting thought. How many Heavenly Assistants are there? So far it was only Cleo, Mentara, and Celestia. Are the others a part from a different area of Heaven? Were they far beyond the rainbow trees and the angelic gates? The future holds the surprises.

Everyone looked at Lavid and observed her look. There were some smiles and some worrisome smiles. This made her wanna go back to her room and sleep. She reverted her eyes down on the ground so she could see her steps and if there's anything to move away from; like a rock the size of a tennis ball. The crowd's gaze felt scary to her, which is ironic since many of them are angels.

Aisha noticed Lavid and waved her hand high. "I'm here, honey!"

Lavid looked up and saw her mother up top. Lavid smiled and excused herself from the crowd. Before she started to go up the stairs, she tripped and fell.

"Ow.." she muttered.

A few angels saw her with concern--but they didn't come close to Lavid. Cleo noticed and held her arm gently. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks." 

Cleo stared at the crowd gravely with a pinch of confusion. Cleo helped Lavid go up the stairs since there was no railing and brought her to her parents. Volivinoir squeezed Lavid into his arms until she could no longer breathe. 

"Lookie here, it's my little fireball!"

Aisha looked at Lavid's right ankle and gently massaged it. "We should get rails next time. I don't want to see anyone get hurt."

Lavid held Aisha's hands. "I'm fine don't worry. I only tripped."

Lavid looked down on her ankle and sighed. The trip downstairs felt embarrassing. There was a feeling that the angels did want to help her but couldn't because of her appearance. Thinking about Cleo helping made her love her even more. Not just a best friend who's a Heavenly Assistant, but also like family. Lavid never found anything flawed about her.

Cleo went back down to drink some ripe grapevine wine, mild and sweet, fresh with a lovely purple color. Just one sip can make anyone feel like they're on a cloud. Her orange lipstick stained on the wine glass, but it looked quite pretty. 

Aisha cuddled with Lavid as they share sweet blueberry muffins. "Isn't this nice?"

Lavid nodded, continuing to stay silent. 

"What's wrong?" Aisha asked in a soft tone.

"They keep on staring at me. I don't like it." Lavid says.

"I wish we could give them a piece of our mind! They judge our daughter just because she doesn't look like the other angels." Volivinoir pouted.

He clenched his hand into a veiny fist while looking at the bystanders. Another ironic moment is how even though he was one of the demon kings of the pitiful world deeply below, he still had a good fatherly role and a faithful husband role. She was his fireball--of course he would get mad. Aisha touched his fists gently and tapped rhythmically as if she was playing a panicky tune on the piano. 

"Honey, control yourself tonight. There are kids here." she whispered. Her normal tone would cause an insecurity towards the crowd.

Ripping off a piece of the fresh green grass, he then played with it to forget about his bashful tendencies. He saw Lavid playing with some parts of her hair like a beautiful mermaid when they sit on a big stone as the ocean dances with the wind. That's actually a nice thing to think of.