~2~

(Julia's POV)

I walk inside and smile when I see Joey running towards me.

"Hey Joey!!" I say and kiss his cheeks. "Where's Cassie?" Cassie is Joey's baby sitter who is always on her phone and eating chips.

"In the playroom." He says, but it comes out as 'In de pwaywoom.'

Before I could go find her, she walks out holding a bag of Doritos....

Told you.

"Hey Julia." She says and puts the bag down.

"Hey. Here you go." I say and hand her $20.

"Thanks. He wasn't much trouble today, he just loves to color on the walls for me to clean it up when he takes a nap." She says.

I let out a laugh when Joey disagrees.

"No. Cassie wouldn't let me draw on her face!" He says and pouts.

"It's okay Joey, come here." I pick him up and place him on my hip.

"I'm sorry Joey, maybe next time?" She says and tickles his stomach.

He giggles and turns away.

"Well I gotta go, see you tomorrow." She says and leaves.

I turn to Joey with a giant smile on my face.

"Clean up time!!!" I say and he groans.

"No I wanna play!" He pouts.

"We can play afterwards okay? Uncle Lou is coming tomorrow!!" I say and he jumps down from me with a giant smile on his face. He starts to run around screaming, "UNCLE LOU!! UNCLE LOU!!"

I laugh, and begin to pick some things up.

Sooner or later the phone rings, and I make my way to it to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetheart!!" My mothers cheery voice is heard through the speaker.

"Hey mum!" I say.

"How are you guys?" She asks.

"Great!! Louis' coming tomorrow and Joey is really excited about that." I say, while looking at the 4 year old boy running around the house.

"That's nice. I know you haven't seen Lou in a while." She says.

"Yea. I really miss when it was just us two back in Doncaster." I said, while remembering how Louis and I were best friends since birth.

"I know, but it's good you finally get to see him." She says. It's like I could hear the smile on her face.

"Yea. And boy am I excited!!" I say. Just then, there's a crash, and Joey starts crying from a distance.

"Oh my gosh!" I run to where he is with the phone still in my hands.

He's lying on the ground holding his knee with tears in his eyes, he probably just fell.

"Hold on mum." I say into the phone, right before putting it down and walking towards Joey.

"You okay baby?" I say and pick him up. He's still crying, but not as much. "Let me see." I look at his knee. There are no cuts or bruises, but he still obviously hurt it by falling.

He starts to calm down as I rock him and start singing. He places his thumb in his mouth and shuts his eyes.

Sooner or later he falls asleep.

He's leaning on my shoulder as I walk back to the phone.

"Hey mum I'm back." I say, while looking back down at the small boy in my arms.