8. Sports Festival

-Your POV-

"All right, listen! It's time for this morning's homeroom period! Take your seats, everyone!!"

"We are in our seats, you're the one who's not." Sero called. That caused Iida to walk back to his seat, mopping.

You all turn your heads towards the opening door, to reveal Aizawa-sensei.

"-Morning."

"-Aizawa-sensei, you're already back!!!?"

"Sensei, you're alright!!"

"Can you really call that 'alright'.....?" Uraraka held her hand in front of her mouth.

"Don't concern yourselves over me. After all, the battle hasn't really ended for you yet."

"?!"

"The battle?" came from Bakugou.

"You don't mean..." your shorter friend.

"Wait..." you acknowledged.

"UA's sports festival is approaching." Aizawa-sensei announced.

"Wait, hold up! That sounds like something villains would try to infiltrate... Isn't it? Will it be alright?" someone questioned.

"On the contrary; since we're going ahead with the festival, it means that the school is confident it has all it's ducks in a row when it comes to it's crisis control now. I hear police presence will be five times bigger than normal, for example. What you should be thinking about is, what a huge chance the academy's sports festival presents for you all. This isn't some event that'll be brought to a halt by the likes of villains. Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events!! In days past, the 'Olympics' was the sports festivity that whipped all the nation into a froth of enthusiasm! But now, as you know the extent and population have shrunk and it's lost a lot of substance. So what has taken the place of the Olympics in Japan is the UA sports festival!"

"The country's top heroes are sure to be watching us! It's because they'll be scouting for us." Yaoyorozu finishes.

"Naturally, entering the squad of a famous hero will get you a higher status and more experience. Remember time is limited. If you get noticed by a pro, that gives you the standing for a brighter future than otherwise. This is the chance you'll get only once a year... For a total of three chances. If you aim to be a hero, this is an event you can't overlook!"

-~•~-
-Noonday Break-

"Now I feel like the tension is falling sky high!!"

"I mean, I knew it was coming, but..."

"If we put in the effort and stand out to a pro, it'll be a giant leap forward!" Kirishima continues.

"Wow, everyone's so pumped..." Midoriya stare's at Kirishima's group.

"Don't you feel it too? You've enrolled in UA to become a hero, so getting fired up is only natural, man!!" Iida informed.

"Iida's got a really oddball way of unleashing his passion. Weirdo." Tsu adds.

"Of course I feel it too! But still..." Midoriya started.

"Deku. Iida.. Shirakumo... Let's crush it. The sports festival."

"Whoa, Your face, Uraraka! Your Face!!"

You raise your arm, with your hand closed, and smiled sheepishly.

"What's up with her? Uraraka's being, kinda not Uraraka." Mina compared.

"Guys!! I'm!! Gonna!! Go for it!!" she pumped her fist in the air.