10 | Sette

Showering has always been my favourite part of the day

Showering has always been my favourite part of the day. The hot water always soothed whatever crazy thoughts were running through my mind. Scrubbing away memories from the day, metaphorically...sometimes literally. The hard water pressure pelting down onto my back, helping to relax me.

I used to get in trouble when I was younger for having such long showers. I would make the water bill go up like crazy and my dad would get so mad. I tried to have short showers I really did, I even had a timer, but it was just so nice and warm that I would stay in there for half an hour to an hour sometimes. 

I've always loved showers.

And this morning was no different. I had woken up at around 11AM, despite getting home at 5:30AM and only getting five hours of sleep. My (stupid) natural body alarm woke me up. I got up and headed straight to my bathroom to take a shower. The events of last night hadn't fully caught up with my brain until I got undressed and looked at myself in the mirror.

Last night came rushing back to me when I saw the two large hickeys on my neck and jaw, and then another on my chest. Niall had done a pretty good job of making me remember what happened. 

I sighed deeply as I ran my fingers over the dark purple marks, pressing slightly to make a small bit of pain shoot through the area. I turned to the shower and stepped in, immediately turning on the hot water. The spray came down hard, the cold water quickly becoming warm. I leant my back against the cool tiles as the water ran over my front. I took a deep breath and let the memories of last night come back to me.

I certainly hadn't expected my night to end up going in the direction it did when I got to the club. Obviously, I knew that the tension kept building throughout the week and would eventually break, but I didn't think it would happen so soon or while I was at work. 

Like I told Harry before he left, I planned on dancing at least once while I was in charge. I was always going to get on stage whether Niall was there or not...it was a good thing that he happened to be there. I may or may not have added a little bit extra pizzazz? No that's not right, extra slutiness. That's better. I definitely shook my hips a bit more and arched my back a bit further than my usual routine, but what Niall doesn't know won't hurt him. If anything, knowing that would probably make his ego double in size. 

The song I used, Only Angel, was supposed to be ironic considering my name. And by the smirk that was on Niall's face when the chorus started playing, he understood that too. Harry had introduced me to the song and I instantly fell in love with it. The beat was easy to choreograph to and the lyrics matched a stripper pretty fucking well. 

I knew that my dance would leave Niall a little flustered but I was still surprised to hear the knock on the door less than five minutes after I had left the stage. Once I opened the door and saw how his eyes were practically eating me up, I knew that I wouldn't leave the room without breaking the tension. His voice appeared two octaves deeper than usual when he spoke out and I couldn't stop myself from reaching up and kissing him.