Chapter 1: Meeting Mr. Holmes

So there I was, Emilia Jane, standing outside off Speedy's Sandwich Bar in London as the usual typical British weather happened right in front of very bright blue eyes which I have experienced many times in my lifetime. I was relaxing, already forgotten about why I'm here for when I happened to be ever so interrupted. In other simple words, my phone vibrated in my jean pocket, indicating that I got a text. But by who? Well I'll find out shortly won't I? And whoever it is I swear I will kill them for ruining my perfect moment that I haven't experienced in a long time.

I took my phone out of my right pocket, my arm scraping over on my black leather jacket. I looked down at my phone to see that I had received one new message from M, my "boss"

Are you there yet Emilia?

J.M

I cursed under my breath, only now realising that I had almost completely forgot about the task at hand that I was given and lying to them would be no use either, considering that they always seem to know what I'm doing.

No, not yet. I will be very shortly though, just be patient.

E.J

Hurry up then, you know I don't like to be kept waiting, darling

J.M

I sighed in relief, they may of called me darling. But I'm glad they didn't get mad at me, which is a good thing....In a way, you wouldn't understand if I told you why.

Walking up to the door, I looked up at it, looking at the numbers that read 221b that was above a crooked door knocker. Something in me ..Wanted me to put it back in place but it was no use since whoever left it like this will just put it back. I let out a heavy sigh, knocking on the door. And put the knocker off its slight crooked state as I stood in front of the door waiting for someone to answer the door.

I continued to stand there patiently and looked up at the building, focusing on the window. I tried to see if I could spot anyone in the room. But unfortunately to my luck there was no one in the room-well not one that I could see from here.

I snapped my attention back to the door upon hearing the door unlock. The door opened to reveal a lady who is in her sixties, she was wearing a dark violet dress-which I will say looked quite nice on her for someone her age- and her hair was short and a dirty blonde colour. I looked at her with a smile laced upon my face as my eyes looked her up and down, studying her and finding anything I would need or that I could be able to see from a free glances.

"I'm sorry if I was interrupting you ma'am, but I was wondering if Sherlock Holmes is here?"I asked her nicely whole hiding the my Irish, Dublin accent but I had a feeling that there was a slight hint of it showing under the thin layers of my much practiced and picked up high London accent.

"Sherlock? Oh, no he's not here, I'm terribly sorry" she replied appearing confused as she stood behind the door. Maybe because Sherlock might not get many visitors by random people, of course he wouldn't get many visitors, he's not that famous yet, wrong it's sentiment stupid. Oh shut up will you. I pretended to look a bit disappointed-which I will say at this very moment isn't very hard- "it's okay , I guess I should take my leave then" I say and go to turn on my heel, about to start leaving

"Oh you don't have to do that dearie," I turned around to face her again, "why don't you come inside?" She moved away from the door, making enough room for me to enter and I entered the building as she shut the door. "Go make yourself comfortable upstairs, I'll go make you a cup of tea," I started to walk up the stairs holding onto the handrail with my right hand, "and only this once, I'm not the housekeeper!" She shouted as she went into one of the rooms downstairs. I chuckled to myself, hearing what she said and I walked into the living room, looking at my surroundings, trying to see what I could make out about Sherlock.

Window curtains pulled back, files on table and desk with one laptop, skull on mantlepiece above fireplace, knife stabbed into letter, slight bits of dust on black leather seat whereas the seat opposite it had more slight more dust than the leather one, pillows on sofa placed in a certain position where only someone who would be lying straight across it would have it to be comfortable, music stand with messy stacks of music sheets, violin that's not too old but has been treated with a lot of care as well as the bow which of course has been at least once every day been treated with rosin on the horse hair, books and a lot of them on the book selves, some old some more..Modern. Most of what this tells me is that he is "untidy" but it's organised only in a way where he would know where most things were and I can also tell is that is also in a hurry, he takes utmost care of his violin almost like he would treat it like it was apart of his body and finally from the dust on the chairs he and his flatmate(I assume) have left some time ago and they could be coming back sooner or later seeing as I wouldn't of been invited in if that lady knew that they would be coming back soon.

I walked over to the black leather sofa and sat down in the middle of it, trying my best not to mess up anything as I could hear the lady from earlier walk up the stairs carefully. I looked up at her with a smile plastered back onto my face "thank you ma'am" I said as I took the cup of tea and saucer from her hands. "You're welcome dearie," she walked to the kitchen as I started drinking from the cup. "Oh and you can call me Mrs.Hudson, ma'am makes me sound..old" Miss.Hudson explained and she shuddered when she said old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I studied the two men that were sat in front of me. One of them I don't recognise the other I did recognise, he was Sherlock Holmes. He had these...Sharp cheekbones and his curly hair was this nice shade of dark black and as for his eyes they were these captivating light shade of blue, as for his clothes he was wearing a black blazer, trousers and shoes with a white button up shirt where the top button was undone and he was also wearing a watch on his wrist. Whereas for the other one I did not recognise, I assumed he was his roommate, his hair was light brown with a small and slight gradient of white and silver and his skin was darker than Sherlock and his eyes were almost like this silver colour and he was wearing a pale cable knit sweater with dark blue tartan patterned shirt and black jeans and light brown shoes, like Sherlock he also is wearing a watch.

It's been two hours since they've arrived and two hours since anyone has said something.

A fake cough is what made our attention go back to reality, me and Sherlock both snapped our heads at John at his sudden disruption of the quietness that was in the air. "So...Why are you here exactly, if you don't mind me asking?"John asked, looking at me. aiming the question at me. I opened my mouth to go an say something.

-------------------------------------------------

Ta Da! My first story posted and my first chapter based on my favourite BBC show. But overall I hope you guys enjoyed the story and till next time, goodbye and have a good day =^.^=