Chapter 2

-Sabrina POV-
     Two days until Newsies. Two more days until I can actually say I saw the true magic live ,and not just a poor quality video on my laptop. Two more days until I can possibly meet Ben Fankhauser. Two more days. I was snapped out of my Newsies trance by the vibrate of my phone.
     "Hi Marcy," I greeted.
     "Hi Sabrina. I was wondering if you wanted to walk around the city with me?" She asked.
     "Why? Did my mom put you up to this? Seriously, I'm not that lazy," I whined.
     "No, she didn't. Well, not lately at least. I just wanted to hang out with my best friend."
     "You have homework to do, don't you," I sighed.
     "Yes," she mumbled, "college is just so boring," she yelled.
     "Fine, I'll meet you at you're apartment in 15 minutes," I said as I hung up the phone. I slipped on my black vans and headed out of my apartment. I walked to Marcy's apartment. Her apartment complex is a very short distance from mine, so the journey wasn't too painful. When I got to her door I barged in.
     "Helloooo Marcy Benson. Your best friend has arrived!" I yelled. Her cat, Simba, jumped off the couch and ran into the bedroom.
     "Quit scaring my cat Sabrina. I'm not taking him to an animal psychologist when he has, like, panic attacks because of you," she said. She grabbed her keys and walked out, be following closely behind.
     "So, where are we going?" I asked as I sped up to walk next to her.
     "Oh, I have no clue. I'm just walking," she laughed. I nodded and kept walking. Suddenly I felt a body smack into me.
     "Oh! I'm so sorry," said a voice.
     "Its okay. I'm fine," I said, looking down so I wouldn't have to look at the person. Problem number one of being shy.
     "That's good. I would love to talk, but I'm running late. I'm really sorry about running into you. Maybe I'll see you around?" The person said while running off. I looked up to see Marcy's surprised face.
     "Do you know who ran into you?" She asked, sounding like she was on the verge of freaking out.
     "No. Who?" I asked as I straightened my ponytail.
     "Ben Fankhauser."
A/n: so this is short too. I'm so sorry. I'm already working on the next chapter and that's when it gets real (kinda). These past two chapters have been leading up to something good.