Part 1

You walk back to where you are supposed to be watching the ponies and stop in your tracks. "Oh no..." You breathe, looking around, only counting 14. You roll your lips. "Not good, not good at all." You say. "Daisy." You whisper harshly, walking into the foliage. "Bongo!" You call quietly. You listen to see if you can hear them. You sigh when you hear nothing. "Ugh, Thorin is going to kill me." You grumble, trudging back to the camp. "Y/N, what are you doing back? You're supposed to be watching the ponies." Thorin says. The Company stop doing their tasks and stare at you. You look anywhere but Thorin's eyes, nervous. "I've, um, I've encountered a slight problem." You state quietly, clasping your gloved hands together at your waist. "What 'slight problem'?" He asks, an accusing tone in his voice. "Daisy and Bongo are missing." You whisper. "Speak up! What did you say?" He asks. "Daisy and Bongo are missing." You repeat a little louder. "What!" Thorin exclaims. You meet his eyes. "I thought I tied them up, but they must have gotten loose." You say. "I'm so sorry." You say. "You're so sorry?" Thorin retorts. "How could you do that? You were entrusted the ponies and you couldn't even do the job right! What kind of girl are you? A simple task of watching over the ponies and you failed considerably!" He yells. You look at the Company, their eyes downcast. Kili is the only one staring at you, a sorrowful look on his face. "I'm-I'm sorry." You stutter. "I'm sure I tied the knot up well enough." You say. "Well, you mustn't of done a good enough job hence why the two ponies are missing!" He shouts. You jump slightly and flinch. "Uncle, please don't talk to her that way. It was an accident." Kili says. Thorin shoots him a look. "Keep your mouth shut, boy." He hisses. Kili closes his mouth. "Don't snap at him. He's just defending me!" You exclaim, crossing your arms, your anger teetering on the edge.
Thorin looks at you, anger flashing in his eyes. "Well he shouldn't be. You need to be punished." He grunts. "It was an accident!" You exclaim, throwing up your hands. "I will try to find them, okay?" You say. "That's not good enough!" He shouts, stomping over to you. "Look, look, I'll go and I will not rest until I find them." You say, turning, preparing to leave. "Stop right there!" Thorin exclaims, grabbing your hands, pulling your gloves off. "No!" You gasp, staring at your bare hands. Your eyes widen, expecting your ice powers to be released. "Don't say no to me, girl!" Thorin shouts in your face, grabbing your upper arm. "No, no, I wasn't-" You start. He pulls you closer to him, his eyes penetrating yours. "You're disgraceful." He says. Your mouth opens and you wrench away from him angrily. You back away, your fingers tingling. "Don't walk away from me, Y/N!" He warns. "If you think you're going to get away with this..." He says. "Just stop!" You scream, thrusting your hands forward. Ice shoots out of your hands and runs across the ground. Thorin dives out of the way just in time. You gasp and clasp a hand over your mouth. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." You breathe, shaking your head, your eyes filling with tears. The Company is standing and staring at you in shock. "I'm so sorry!" You cry, fleeing into the forest.
"Y/N! Wait! Stop running!" Kili yells, running behind you. You don't answer, just continue running, your hands tingling with ice waiting to be released. "Stop, please!" He begs. You slow to a stop and turn. "Please don't come any closer. I might hurt you. Please, stay where you are and leave me alone. My feelings aren't under control yet." You say. Kili stops twenty feet in front of you, his face full of compassion. "Y/N..." He says softly, taking a step towards you. "No, Kili, don't come any closer!" You exclaim, putting your hands up. He stops walking. "I don't want to hurt you, so please listen to me." You plead. Kili puts his hands up in surrender. "Only if you promise not to run." He says. "I promise." You whisper, dropping your hands. You glance at them and rub them together. Little snow flakes fall from them and you smile. "What's going on?" Kili asks, sitting crossed leg on a log. You stare at him. "When I was a little girl, I-I was cursed...or at least that's what I was told." You explain. "I have ice powers." You say, lifting a hand in the air. You flick your wrist and a few ice particles dazzle in the air. "All this time and you never told me?" He asks. You look at him. "It's not you, trust me. I don't tell anyone. I keep my powers under control so no one finds out..." You trail off. "Except for tonight...." Kili whispers. You sigh heavily. "Except for tonight." You confirm. Kili stands. "What are you doing?" You ask. "I'm coming over to you." He answers. "Kili, don't." You say. "Y/N, trust me." He whispers, smiling at you. He walks over to you bravely and surprised you by encircling a hand around your waist. "Show me more." He whispers in your ear. ~
Snow falls from the sky and you make ice walls. "This is so amazing. You're-you're so amazing." Kili breathes, putting his hand on to the ice. You smile. "Thank you." You say, putting your hand on the opposite side of the ice. You drag your nail across it and write INIKHDÊ.
Kili watches you and you look to the ice, a smile on your lips. A grin splits across his face. "Return to me." He whispers. "Just so you remember your mother's promise." You say, grinning. Kili walks around the ice wall and wraps an arm around your waist, pulling your close. "I will always remember it." He says. "Good." You say. He chuckles and then sighs. "Well, we should be getting back now." He says. You look unsure and Kili pulls out your pair of gloves. "Oh, thank you." You whisper, taking them from him. You quickly put them. "Oh, it feels nice of them to be back on." You sigh. Kili smiles sadly at you. "What is it?" You ask. "You have to live your life like that. Constantly wearing gloves to feel confident and safe. You're beautiful, talented, and wonderful without your gloves. You have to learn to except yourself the way you are." He whispers. "But what if I lose it? What if I fly off the handle, like tonight?" You ask. Kili kisses your temple. "You won't." He says. You smile up at him. "Thank for the confidence." You say. He laughs. "You're welcome." He says. You stare at your gloves and take a deep breath. You pull them off and stuff them in your coat pockets. "Okay, let's go." You say.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!