Chapter VII - The cove⚠️

Pov Sky:

"Hey Sky! Can you come over?"

I looked up to see who was calling me. My hands were plunged into a basin filled with water and soap and I was washing plates and cutlery. I saw Newt in front of the entrance of the kitchens, all over the other side of the many tables, looking at me, his arms crossed in front of him. I didn't feel ok as I saw his look, his brows were knit together. I first warned Frypan that I was leaving, dried my hands and went over to him, ignoring the several whistles of the boys who were fixing my butt as I passed by.

"What? Wait, weren't you supposed to be with Kya? Where is she?"

I looked above his shoulder, outside, but couldn't see my friend.

"She's ok, she slipped into mud. Don't worry, she ain't hurt. She wants you to go to her."

On this, he left me and went in direction to the gardens. I walked hastily to his hut, where Kya was looking up to the sky, looking bothered.

"Can't stay a minute without me, can you?"

I asked, teasingly.

"Or is it Newt? Too scared of him?"

She looked to me and I noticed that all her clothes were covered in dirt yuck mud. She seamed quite annoyed and defeated.

"Oh my god! What is that?! Kya! How?"

I rushed by her side and tried to wipe out some mud of her.

"I'm fed up with it! Can't use crutches, mess up everything, fall all the time, unable to help. I'm only useless to everyone..."

She started sobbing as she dropped her head down. I put an arm around her shoulders and looked at her kindly.

"Hey, hey, hey now.... don't say stuff like that. You're ain't useless, my sweetie. Only, you need time for your leg to heal. Then, I'm sure of it, you can go gambling around the glade as much as you wish for."

She looked at me and I wiped out a tear from her cheeks. She gave me a little smile and I smiled back widely.

"That's better! Now, let's get you cleaned up. We both stink so much, god!"

Kya laughed on this last phrase with me and we walked to where the builders where today. In no time, I spotted Gally and went to him, after saying to Kya to wait for me where she was.

"Hey Gally!"

"Oh hey kitty cat! Miss me?"

I rolled my eyes as I grunted.

"Don't call me like that! You know I don't like it!"

He laughed in front of my annoyance and give me a smack in the back.

"What you're up too? Turned the kitchen into a disaster?"

"No, just came to ask you..."

I dropped to a whisper.

"... where can we... well... take a shower?"

He look at me as I showed him Kya who was leaning against a tree, looking away sadly, noticing all the dirt on her. He stood there for some seconds, taking in what I just said, then had a small jump when he got it.

"Oh! Right! Uhmm... just... yeah, follow me."

On this, he walked away and I quickly went to fetch Kya before following him. After a walk of several minutes, he took us to a cove where there was a waterfall and rocks to sit on, a small slopping path leading to it. At the top of the cove, all around it, there were many dense bushes and trees. Gally indicated a place between bushes, close to the waterfall, telling us that we could change ourselves behind them.