Prologue: Discoveries

Prologue

Click. Click. Click. The sound of a microscope's knob goes. Click, click, click, pin. HALLELUJAH!

Year 2XXX, "Molecular Biologists and Chemists Have Made A Shocking Discovery!" A newspaper article, title written in big bold lettering and font practically screamed for some sort of attention or wanting love through the rundown material called paper. Who even reads on that sort of garbage anyway? Nobody. Everything was on the internet now, or somehow made electronic.

The newspaper sat alone on a self of an abandoned newspaper stand. The wood had rotted away and looked barely as if it was strong enough to hold a butterfly (amazing how it held that "heavy" newspaper up), and the green paint that was once (many decades ago), stroked onto the wood, fresh, was now chipped and faded into a darker shade. The paper looked lonely all by itself. Nobody on the passing street had even glanced at it. Not even bothering to notice it. But what was the point it was trying to make across? It was pointless. Scientists had made big discoveries all the time, what's the big deal, anyway? It didn't seem important.

A/N: This is a new story I had got inspired to write after I saw a post on tumblr, "An AU where for your entire life you've only see in black and white, until recently the first touch from your soulmate and color blooms before your very eyes [...]" Although in the first chapter and summary you will see that I tweeked the prompt a bit to fit my ideas. Welp, thanks for reading! HASTA LA PASTA!  ~Em