Chapter 2: Coming Out

"Got to let what show?" Lucifer asked arms crossed Ian gasped and quickly yet gently closed the lid of the piano and stood up immediately as if he were a soldier not supposed to be doing that or disobeyed his commander's instructions.

"Dad! I... Um... You see... I..." Ian paused unsure what to say to explain the situation that his father just overheard him sing about. "I can explain..."

"Well... this should be good. Please, explain, by all means." Lucifer scoffed through his nose and gestured a hand towards his offspring. Ian opened his mouth to answer his father when the unexpected happened. Unfortunately, the child was pausing too long for the Almighty's liking and knew Ian was finding an excuse or lie to him and was seriously considering whether or not to break their family rule: no lying. "Ian? Are you going to answer me or not?" His tone showing that he was not pleased with being woken up, not because his daughter was playing the piano, which, he was fine with. But playing at 12:00 in the morning is a little inexplicable. Like couldn't the twins have waited until morning and play it before school?

"It's my fault, Dad! I woke Ian up and I requested for him he sing 'I'm Coming Out' ." Leo piped up defensively.

"As sweet as that is, Leo, I don't like it how you have to do that: cover for your brother. He can tell me himself." Lucifer said firmly arms crossed.

"Leo, go to bed, I can look after myself." Ian demanded assertively, feeling like her lost brother didn't need to be apart of this. This was between herself and her father. It wasn't fair that Leo should be apart of something he didn't deserve to be punished for.

"You're not the boss of me." Leo huffed

"I'm your older sister. You'll do as I say." Leo frowned in confusion at the announced pronouns.

"Leo, go to bed. Now. I need to talk to your brother privately." His father much more authoritative than Ian had done it and to be fair... he was the parent and the only one who could say that, other than Leo's mother, of course. Leo grumbled a 'yes, Dad' before going back to his room and shuts the door, leaving both Ian and their father alone to chat amongst themselves, regarding about the secret that has now been exposed. "Is there something you want to tell me, Ian?" Lucifer asked his eldest son his tone more softer and more understanding than he had with Leo. He walks over to sit down on the piano stool and looks up at his, still standing, ten year old boy expectantly. "Because... I think... I have a pretty good idea what that song was about and the lyrics really mean to you. But I want to hear it from you. Your mouth." Ian shifted uneasily and processing whether or not to come out with her father. Surely, he wouldn't judge her right? For what she wanted to be. She had heard from her mom's friends — well, mainly Aunt Linda, who is the most pragmatic one out of the group and given the type of job she does — say the same thing: 'why wouldn't Lucifer be okay with what you want to be? For Him (God) sake! He's classified as LGBTQ. Hell, honey, I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to go towards that direction. You are your father's child as much as your mother's

"Dad? Is... is it true that... you're bi, pan, or whatever you are. Enough for you to label yourself as LGBTQ?" Ian asked cautiously the way his mother would when broaching on what she thinks is a sensitive topic even frowning at the question in concentration trying to make sense of it.

"I... uh... Yes, Ian, it's true. More specifically I'm bisexual. What brought up on this matter? Did someone say something to you about it? About me being—" Lucifer was cut off by his son (daughter)'s revealing announcement and quickly ripping off the Band-Aid before he come to the conclusion himself by interrogating her.